53 replies to this topic

#31 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I suppose he could just be waiting until after training camp to sign somewhere, but he doesnt seem worried about getting paid like some vets so if he doesnt feel like playing he wont.

I'd take him back on the panthers, but lets be honest thats not saying much with the CBs currently on the roster

#32 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

He did not entertain any other teams upon us releasing him, not one. At least that I heard. If his heart was still in the game and he really wanted to play football don't you think he would at least hear one or two teams out?

So what? This is literally the only thing people who are making this claim keep clinging to. The same people saying it now are the same people who said it before he was cut.

You have no idea why he retired and to assume that you do simply because it supports some claim you had prior to him even being cut is ridiculous.

#33 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

And that stuff is accumulative of the entire season which gamble only played 5 games in so he wouldnt be nowhere near high on the list anyway. Nice try tho.

It's not accumulative. Nice try tho.

Gamble flat out stunk in 2011

#34 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Show me one piece of evidence that says he didn't have his heart in the game anymore

This is an easy answer: HE RETIRED

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

So what? This is literally the only thing people who are making this claim keep clinging to. The same people saying it now are the same people who said it before he was cut.

You have no idea why he retired and to assume that you do simply because it supports some claim you had prior to him even being cut is ridiculous.

Are you the defender of all things Chris Gamble? Everyone here is making assumptions, including you.

#36 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

It's not accumulative. Nice try tho.

Gamble flat out stunk in 2011

To bad your personal opinion doesnt really mean poo :D

#37 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Head wasnt in the game the last few years..do not want.

you should tell Chris I said hi since you apparently know him so well.

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Not only turned down teams to play but not playing a 10th year to get his NFL pension...he is checked out of football and not sure how much passion he ever had for the game.
Gamble was good but never got past a certain point that prevented hm to become elite(despite what pass stat/metrics during the 2010 season state)

Players are eligible after 4 yrs.

#39 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Would you move across the country for a job if you did not have to? The guy is thirty years old, what does he have another two or three years left in the league?

#40 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Players are eligible after 4 yrs.

Yep corrected! Good job..I remember something happens after ten years..maybe retirement lol or serious injuries...impotence...concussion syndrome.

#41 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

you should tell Chris I said hi since you apparently know him so well.

Well let me know when you ever heard of chris gamble being a vocal leader, a non fumbler on punt return, and an overall player that showed he played his heart out every game [ie. minter,keek, steve]

#42 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I didnt realize so many fans went home with Chris everyday after practice and games.

#43 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well let me know when you ever heard of chris gamble being a vocal leader, a non fumbler on punt return, and an overall player that showed he played his heart out every game [ie. minter,keek, steve]

I didnt know you had to talk to play your heart out, if thats the case then Troy Polamalu has had me fooled his whole career, so has some other great players.

#44 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I didnt know you had to talk to play your heart out, if thats the case then Troy Polamalu has had me fooled his whole career, so has some other great players.

#45 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

That would be AMAZING!!!!

I had that thought in the back of my mind also for a while. Imagine if we still have Gamble, many of these fans would be calling for a playoffs run. We wouldn't be seeing these threads questioning our mediocre secondary.

Don't ever say never. Gamble retired verbally but Im sure he hasnt retired officially.

How much do you guys think we can bring him back for under a 1 yr contract? 3-4 mill????

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com