• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

Extremist left: wants to get organic food and eliminate GMO's...dressed like an annoying hipster..or homeless dude

Extreme Right: blows up abortion clinics while holding rattlesankes...dressed like Boss Hogg if they own a business or like Uncle Jessie if a workin man. Or a homeless dude..

Just pathetic.

#47 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Just pathetic.

Cletus loves you!

#48 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

yes. im as reliable a shill for the reps as you are for having a pencil beard similar to the lead singer of Color Me Badd.

that's strange as i don't have a beard atm but you repeatedly parrot republican talking points under the guise of a free thinking independent

i don't think this is a very good comparison

#49 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,390 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

I wonder if some of these folks want a rebellion to finally put an end to systemic racism, and obtain some economic equality?

no, its only overweight middle aged white men like Hank Hill.

See: every post this thread.

#50 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

might be because minorities tend to get shot once they find themselves leading revolutionary movements, while tubby old fugs who take to the streets to valiantly toe the party line are placed front and center in the news as Very Serious People with Very Serious Opinions

#51 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Extremist left: wants blow up researchers who use animals, Extreme Right:says bad things about Obama and peacefully protest abortion clinics

Fixed it for you.

Seriously, if you define extremism as those that use violence to achieve their political goals, then both left and right  have small violent groups on their fringes. If its defined as those who used extremeist rhetoric, then the groups get larger on both sides.  But I get the impression that some want to call the Tea Party an extremist group.  While I think the rhetoric of some members borders on extremeism, by and large those that associate themselves with the movement are no more extreme than your average democrat. 

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,263 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

that's strange as i don't have a beard atm but you repeatedly parrot republican talking points under the guise of a free thinking independent

i don't think this is a very good comparison

you have cornered the market on parroting.

#53 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,390 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

might be because minorities tend to get shot once they find themselves leading revolutionary movements, while tubby old fugs who take to the streets to valiantly toe the party line are placed front and center in the news as Very Serious People with Very Serious Opinions

Well you may be right. But admittedly I don't know of too many armed rebellions in the US - the whiskey rebellion and Blair mountain are the only 2 that really jump out at me. Maybe the Branch Davidians?

In none of those cases were whites paraded about as serious people with serious opinions. Other than Native Americans, has a minority led armed rebellion ever occurred (dismissing things like the Rodney King riots)

#54 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Fixed it for you.

Seriously, if you define extremism as those that use violence to achieve their political goals, then both left and right have small violent groups on their fringes. If its defined as those who used extremeist rhetoric, then the groups get larger on both sides. But I get the impression that some want to call the Tea Party an extremist group. While I think the rhetoric of some members borders on extremeism, by and large those that associate themselves with the movement are no more extreme than your average democrat.

Extreme Right: seriously makes a post about extreme left blowing up researchers n scientists while not believing in either.

Geez someone ate a big bowl of serious flakes. I found common ground in the homless n used Dukes of Hazzard references.

#55 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Extreme Right: seriously makes a post about extreme left blowing up researchers n scientists while not believing in either.

Geez someone ate a big bowl of serious flakes. I found common ground in the homless n used Dukes of Hazzard references.

I am not 100% sure what you mean, but I am certainly not extreme right, and I definitely believe in researchers and scientist.  :)

if you were being tongue in cheek with your previous post, then I apologize. 

#56 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well you may be right. But admittedly I don't know of too many armed rebellions in the US - the whiskey rebellion and Blair mountain are the only 2 that really jump out at me. Maybe the Branch Davidians?

In none of those cases were whites paraded about as serious people with serious opinions. Other than Native Americans, has a minority led armed rebellion ever occurred (dismissing things like the Rodney King riots)

There were several slave rebellions prior to the Civil War.  The Nat Turner rebellion in Virginia is probably the most well known.

And then there was the John Brown rebellion at Harpers Ferry, which had a large black contingent, although I guess it wasn't minority led.

#57 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,390 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

There were several slave rebellions prior to the Civil War. The Nat Turner rebellion in Virginia is probably the most well known.

And then there was the John Brown rebellion at Harpers Ferry, which had a large black contingent, although I guess it wasn't minority led.

Cool. I will read about those.
What about post-WWII rebellions? Or at least since the massive expansion of the feds in the late 19th/early 20th centuries?

#58 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

The Oracle predicted Neo would lead a great rebellion as well.

Davidson Deac: probally 98.3% of my posts are tounge in check and flat out just trying to irritate fellow huddlers for no reason...success!!

Do not forget the Ike Turner rebellion on Tina's face.

#59 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Cool. I will read about those.
What about post-WWII rebellions? Or at least since the massive expansion of the feds in the late 19th/early 20th centuries?

Well, there was the symbionese liberation army, which was behind the kidnapping of Patty Hearst.  And the weather underground, although I am not sure the wu was led by minorities.  But I am not sure either of those would be considered armed rebellions, they were more along the lines of terrorist groups.   But then, maybe there isn't much difference between terrorist and armed rebels in some cases. 

#60 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,390 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yes I was pretty much thinking the same for the weather underground. AFAIK there was no bloodshed from their actions so I'm hesitant to call it armed rebellion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.