• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

What have the Taints done to deserve a high ranking? Or the Giants for a top 10? lol just throwing that out there. I understand that we are small market and all. Just throwin it out there

saints finished with the same record we did....without their HC.

it makes sense that they would be ranked much better. bringing payton back likely gives them an extra few wins.

#17 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Let the media think and write we are mediocre.

Its up to the players to prove otherwise on the field.

#18 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

we have the hardest schedule in the league and they seem to factor that in. 

#19 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

On one hand, they're completely justified in putting us at such a low rank. Sure, now we won't be getting gashed anymore, but this is a passing league and our secondary is a laughingstock in comparison to the high octane offenses we are going to be facing ALL YEAR LONG. Our offense hasn't changed much player-wise. We actually added a bit of talent, and a lot of young players are going to come back with more skills and a better understanding of the game, but we have a new OC at the same time (One who's track record shows fail, though it's been a long time and he might surprise some people) and this team's offense hasn't been truly dominant as a unit since 2011. Don't even get me started on ST's. J.J. Jansen is the only real bright spot in the unit, simply because he hasn't fuged up in God knows how long. Our kicker position is by committee, our punter position is a laughingstock, but who knows, maybe Nortman hit the weight room this offseason and can boot it better now (okay you can stop laughing). Our blocking, both on kicks and on coverage, are nonexistent, and a joke when they actually try. Now we might have a legit return man for the first time since Smitty and He Hate Me, but who knows if Ginn can do the same things with our pucsyfoot blocking. Honestly, I blame our coaching for the lack of a ST's unit. If you can take the rose shades off for a sec, this team doesn't exactly scream "Superbowl Champs".

On the other hand, I believe that they could be severely underestimating the Panthers. Sure, on paper it looks like we could be good in some areas while lacking fatally in others, but at the same time I believe that there are some young, unsung players on this team that could shine this season. If they can show up strong, this team could make a run for the playoffs. I'm not calling playoffs, I'm tired of getting my hopes up to have them come crashing back down. I support this team wholeheartedly, but they're going to have to prove to me they can do it before they get my hopes back.

#20 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

I honestly expected them to rank us lower than this. We didn't even go 8-8 last year and people in the media think our biggest concern is WR (which is a concern but not our biggest) and we didn't address that positon. With the players we have we're built to be a sexy pick if we win games. We just have to win the games first. 

#21 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

aw man we are gonna lose so many games next year cause of our power rankings

No, we're just gonna lose so many games next year.

#22 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I like what they said though... good night lol

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Everytime we got any love, we blew it. So, I could care less.

#24 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Lets be honest here: we don't deserve any respect. we lost to the chiefs dude

#25 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

#26 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Not sure why people care about arbitrary rankings from people who don't know or follow every team in the league.

This isn't the BCS so rankings mean poo.

#27 G spot

G spot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

always felt like an irrelevant stat to me.  the landscape changes so much through offseason, summer and season play.  

i just went and looked at a couple from last year around game 2 and 3, still had seattle ranked in the middle to late teens and indy was towards the middle to late 20's.  

we have a better squad top to bottom.. 

Cam Newton owning this offense and just leaning on shula, is what im looking for.   i love the two working together.  the two might click and this thing could snowball in our favor, wait and see.  imo everything we've done since hurneys departure has been absolutely spot on, in our favor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com