Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera wants to limit star to 30 snaps a game.

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Perhaps a little light. But we also have a very deep rotation. I'm not saying I would want him to be on a definite snap count, but more the coaches being consious about how much he plays. He obviously looked winded in some of his college games being out there that much. It will make our defense better overall to keep people fresh. Think about the 4th quarter defensive losses last year. I think some of that can be attributed to the d line being winded. Just food for though.

I'd be laughed off the board if I said we lost games in the 4th cause our DT's were not rested enough last year.

Posted · Report post

And Dwan is supposed to be any lighter?

twenty pounds lighter and about the same height. 20 lbs means a world of difference.

Posted · Report post

when he's worn out he's not as effective.

In the interview with Kirwin today RR said they belive in a rotation on the DL.

Which will help all of them...........especially our DB's.

PS.....I listened to the entire interview and did not hear anything about "30" snaps per game.

Yea, that's very true.
But I would assume that if he were to get 40-50 snaps this season, that's still a lot less than what he got at UTAH.

Posted · Report post

I'd be laughed off the board if I said we lost games in the 4th cause our DT's were not rested enough last year.

I didn't say that was the main cause. Just that it could be attributed to that.

Posted · Report post

twenty pounds lighter and about the same height. 20 lbs means a world of difference.

Star is currently at 310-311.
Is Dwan really 290??

Posted · Report post

Star is currently at 310-311.
Is Dwan really 290??

Star plays at 320. Dwan plays at 300.

Posted · Report post

Yes lets go ahead and put a limit to how much our first rounder is going to play before he even takes his first practice. Sounds great!

Posted · Report post

Star plays at 320. Dwan plays at 300.

Star said that he feels most comfortable playing at 310.

Posted · Report post

I think he's worried about breaking him down too quickly. 

Posted · Report post

Yes lets go ahead and put a limit to how much our first rounder is going to play before he even takes his first practice. Sounds great!

It means that Gettleman and Rivera have a plan for how they will run the DL.

A rotation is the best thing for every one if our DT's.

Rookies often hit a wall about 75% through the season. Managing a good rotation keeps guys fresh during the game and during the season.

Thus is exactly the same philosophy that the Giants use.

If anyone can't understand this, they should just retire to watching women's gymnastics.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Star said that he feels most comfortable playing at 310.

That's great, but i won't keep going back in forth with you about 10 lbs. The guy played as high as 340lb.  If the coaching staff wants him at 310 he'll be at 310. If you can't see that Star is a bigger guy than Dwan, who also hasn't played a full NFL season, who struggled when he was tired, Sorry chuck. I don't know what else to tell you.

Posted · Report post

He is a rookie. You put him out there with a big load and he will suck and get exhausted.

I think some our a tad unrealistic about what our DTs will bring to the table in 13. It will be more of a learning year and they will he reps. DTs aren't usually impact players year 1.

I don't think it is about having this ideal giants rotating scheme....more about not putting too much on him and causing set backs