Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rivera wants to limit star to 30 snaps a game.

Carolina Panthers NFL NFL Draft

Best Answer sml1950, 02 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Heard the Sirius interview with Chico and PK this PM......

- Star is expected to start with Dwan and assuming 60 plays/game share 30-40 snaps
- KK and Cole will play the other 20-30...no mention of Fua/Kearse
- Star played the zero technique at Utah and will be used in a 3 man front, but 4-3 will be base
- KK already uses his hands like a vet and flips his hips better than most vet 3 tech., which helps his backfield penetration.
- Kugbila will contribute this year, but did not say he would start right away.
- We had the Ala S and La CB rated high enough that it was like getting two more draft choices. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 panther4life

panther4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

quick math in my head suggests that's roughly half of the total snaps taken by a top 5 defense per game, which is what we're striving to be. given our sudden depth at the position that doesn't sound like a bad plan.

So half the snaps sounds good to you? I'd like to see something more like 60-65% personally.

I just keep going back to Gettleman calling him a 3 down player, lets not forget we still play some 4th downs on D.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

That's great, but i won't keep going back in forth with you about 10 lbs. The guy played as high as 340lb. If the coaching staff wants him at 310 he'll be at 310. If you can't see that Star is a bigger guy than Dwan, who also hasn't played a full NFL season, who struggled when he was tired, Sorry chuck. I don't know what else to tell you.

Dwan looks just as big as Star.
Star said he's comfortable at 310 and that's where he's been listed as the last few months.

You were the one who started to fight over 20 lbs.

Star struggled not bc of his weight but bc how much much Utah played him. Same for Short. Rivera and Gettleman have been saying that for a while now.

#43 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Sounds good to me, quality over quantity. 

#44 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Dwan looks just as big as Star.
Star said he's comfortable at 310 and that's where he's been listed as the last few months.

You were the one who started to fight over 20 lbs.

Star struggled not bc of his weight but bc how much much Utah played him. Same for Short. Rivera and Gettleman have been saying that for a while now.

cool man. I never said he struggled because of his weight. I said he was a big guy so rest would be good for him. don't twist my words.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

So half the snaps sounds good to you? I'd like to see something more like 60-65% personally.

I just keep going back to Gettleman calling him a 3 down player, lets not forget we still play some 4th downs on D.

we're going to be facing a lot of passing situations in our division this year. maybe i'm speaking out of ignorance here but i'd expect to see a lot of edwards/short packages on obvious passing downs, which would automatically clip star's playing time.

#46 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ill say this, Rivera knows his defenses but it just came as a shock to me initially, kind of like when I heard kawanns name on day 2. Way too early to get all crazy over this right now.

#47 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I guess getting plays off is better than taking plays off.

There will never be enough pie and rep for putting that gif in your signature. I love you so much for that, I'm still laughing

#48 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

There goes Ronny doing his best to screw us as usual :rolleyes:   /typicalfan

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

cool man. I never said he struggled because of his weight. I said he was a big guy so rest would be good for him. don't twist my words.

"Star is a bigger guy than Dwan, who also hasn't played a full NFL season, who struggled when he was tired"

I'm not twisting your words. You never said he was over played. So I would assume that you believed his weight was the problem.

#50 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

This the same fuging coach that had Luke only rotating in at the beginning of the year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, NFL Draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users