Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty at 83!? Come on man!

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Jacoby jones was higher than Percy harvin and anquan boldin and bernard pollard was higher than troy polumalu. The list is a joke.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't be shocked if he didn't show.

Droy and lead the league in tackles? I'd riot if they snubbed him

Posted · Report post

Honestly the lack of tds is going to be the biggest knock on Smith when it is all said and done for him. People talk about him being all time great and a hall of famer and he will have the catches and yards to justify that discussion but not enough tds. I love Smith and think he is the best pound for pound player in nfl history but he just won't have the numbers to make people outside of Carolina agree with that.

His best shot will be to win a ring. Now I do believe as honestly as I can be, that when Smith is done he will have had a HOF career.

Posted · Report post

Smitty didn't really have that great of a season last year, he dropped a lot of passes and didn't score till late in the season 

Posted · Report post

Smitty didn't really have that great of a season last year, he dropped a lot of passes and didn't score till late in the season 

The Panthers didn't really score until late in the season...

Posted · Report post

sounds about right.

Posted · Report post

They are snubbing Luke I can feel it.

Posted · Report post

Cam should be higher than Smith

Should be, but I'm pretty certain he won't be on the list.

Posted · Report post

His best shot will be to win a ring. Now I do believe as honestly as I can be, that when Smith is done he will have had a HOF career.

I hope he gets in, I really do but Im just not convinced he will. The lack of tds and the stuff where he punched teammates will hurt him with the voters. Also playing in Carolina won't earn him any votes either. He may eventually get in but it will take awhile. Which is just stupid because his heart and talent are first ballot worthy.

Posted · Report post

I'm one of the biggest Smitty homers here, but 80s sound about right for him last year.  It wasn't his greatest year.  This list isn't about who are the better players.  They're about who had the better year last year.  And Smitty's was just alright, by his standards.

If Luke is any higher than 50, however, I'll be annoyed.  He had a lights out rookie year, especially once he was back where he's comfortable.

Posted · Report post

Realistically, that should be his last year on that list. I imagine he takes another step backwards this year....and that is gonna hurt Cam

Posted · Report post

Smitty was, is and will always be 89 anyway, with 83 he is overated.