Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unemployment down to 7.5%,Dow Industrials hits 15,000 for first time, S&P hits 1600 for first time

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Can't find a job? Go on disability. You get paid for doing nothing and the unemployment rate goes down.

Win, Win.

Posted

I'm going to refrain from giving an economic diagnosis.

Posted

QE infinity = "Awesome Stocks"

Not being counted against employable metrics = "awesome jobs recovery"

Do we actually believe that the economy is getting better for those in the middle and below?

Posted

935645_10152027962599657_1235519181_n.jp

Posted

Can't find a job? Go on disability. You get paid for doing nothing and the unemployment rate goes down.

Win, Win.

That's the truth and it's been happening since Clinton. It needs to be addressed.

Posted

$85B / 165k = not bad....only takes $51k/month to create a single job. Woohoo!!!

Bernanke has got to pick up the pace if we want to get down to 5%.

I have this image of BeBe as Lucy standing beside the conveyor belt, shoving those chocolates (BONDS) anywhere he can to hide them. Now who is Ethel?

Posted

Win, Win.

My mother in law tried to get disability a while back. She was in a real bad way, in pain on the time, and they still denied her.

Easier said than done.

Posted

Its sad that conservatives wish the economy was doing poorly to fulfill their political agenda.

Posted

I attribute it to underground economy, ages 25-34?

Can you say drug dealing? Odd jobs for cash? Unreported income from various entrepenuership?

Posted

Win, Win.

I know a chick in her late 30s who is 100% "disabled" and receives a full check for it.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why she cannot stand in McDonalds and drop a few fries in a grease trap.

Nice to see her blow all her money on pills and Facebook "Bejewled".

Posted

I know a chick in her late 30s who is 100% "disabled" and receives a full check for it.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why she cannot stand in McDonalds and drop a few fries in a grease trap.

Nice to see her blow all her money on pills and Facebook "Bejewled".

That's dumb.

She should use that money on Hay Day.

Posted

People act like it is a piece of cake to get on disability.  @65% of initial disability claims are denied and 85% of appeals are denied.

It is pretty hard to get approved for disability.