Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unemployment down to 7.5%,Dow Industrials hits 15,000 for first time, S&P hits 1600 for first time

70 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_23164059/us-suicide-rate-rose-sharply-among-middle-aged

In other news suicide rates  for middle-aged Americans have increased 28% over the past decade.

Whatever makes the figures look good though.

Also look up stats on prescription drug use, premature births, obesity, etc. Regardless of political parties, this country is in a sharp decline. It's been in a sharp decline and it will remain in a sharp decline.

Vote for a mirror. That's what some Americans need most. A little self-reflection could go a long way. Obama nor Bush is making people get divorced, making them not save money, making them live outside their means, making them have children they can't afford to raise, etc.

Posted

My mother in law tried to get disability a while back. She was in a real bad way, in pain on the time, and they still denied her.

Easier said than done.

The disability roles have balooned wildly under this administration. I hate it for your mom in law. There IS a problem. People needing it, can't get it and those who abuse it seem to get it with ease. People drew unemployment checks for 2-3 years and when it ran out, went on disability. Yeah, there is a problem.

That is why there is so much abuse in so many programs. CWG and others just attribute it to everyone wanting to starve granny. Stupid. I want to take care of granny but not her freeloading grandson.

Human nature is a tough thing to reign in when there is easy money to be made.

Posted

Hey there i go saying things again. Seriously all you can seem to do is argue with a figment of your imagination.

Posted

All in one day.

Thank you, president Obama!

That 1/4% or whatever is awesome, let's party like we've never partied before!!!!1!111!1!!

Meanwhile our debt has grown 6 Trillion Dollars and rising under Obama. You, your kids and every person in America  now owes over 50,000 dollars just in debt.

But that 15k Dow probably lined some more billionaire pockets. I'm stoked!

Posted

That 1/4% or whatever is awesome, let's party like we've never partied before!!!!1!111!1!!

Meanwhile our debt has grown 6 Trillion Dollars and rising under Obama. You, your kids and every person in America  now owes over 50,000 dollars just in debt.

But that 15k Dow probably lined some more billionaire pockets. I'm stoked!

Not if we dont plan on paying it back!

Posted

at some points, all the chickens are going to come home to roost. and when it does oh man its not going to be pretty.

Posted

My mother in law tried to get disability a while back. She was in a real bad way, in pain on the time, and they still denied her.

Easier said than done.

NPR had a piece on it. I can't find the podcast. It was really informative. Its definitely an issue even though your mom in law was denied. Here is an article about the piece.

http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

Posted

that npr piece was a hack job fyi

Posted

Really how so?

Posted

Really how so?

don't have time to highlight the important parts but here are the links i'm referring to

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/03/22/this-american-life-features-error-riddled-story/193215

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lennard-davis/npr-reporter-chana-joffew_b_2971443.html

i'll come back and edit this later with the important parts in quotations if you haven't seen this post by then

e: fug it, the entire first article is important. it's a point-by-point evisceration of that bullshit "story"

Posted

Really how so?

/quote]

Because he said so. It is a BS story. We all know that half the people in this country are starving and disabled. Don't ever question the liberal line you racist, granny hating, right wing hack, or at least that's what I get.

Just like food stamps. Tried to mention this a week ago and sure enough, CWG and the rest are certain that there is NOOOO waste or cheating there either. Do not question any program that has a 10% benefit to the recipients but a 90% benefit to the Democratic Party.

I know for a fact, because my friend owns the business, that he has a girl working for him, in her mid twenties, with 3 kids, that gets $2100 per month in food stamps. She cannot get close to using all of it, so she sells about $1000 per month on the black market, which is HUGE in Atlanta. Generally, she gets 50% or a little more for what she sells each month.

But unless media matters or Huff Po report it, it does not exist.

Like I have mentioned many times. I think HuffPo is useful just like I think Breitbart is useful. When you have a polorized two party political system, there has to be a two sided media system. There are NO media outlets that don't have an opinion. It has to be this way to hold each side accountable.

Posted

Easier said than done.

She should get a Lawyer.  I have a friend who works in a law firm that handles disability cases.  She said that a lot of people get denied the first time, and some as many as three times.  If she has a legit case, the lawyer can probably get it for her, and they would have to back pay her from the time she initially applied.  A big lump sum, although the lawyer takes a percentage of that as his fee.