Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelfan23

Wiggins!

306 posts in this topic

Will duke/UNC have more combined first team all ACC players than state will have wins in march next season?

My mistake, thought both of them were juniors.

Will duke/UNC have more combined first team all ACC players than state will have wins in march next season?

Will ECU?  I've already stated in this thread, and before to you I believe, that I grew up a Duke fan who now goes to State.  Regardless of where I attend school, that has what exactly to do with my ability to discuss Duke/UNC?  

But to answer your question, yes, Duke/UNC will have more combined 1st team All-ACC guys than State has wins in the NCAAT.  Rather easily IMO. 

1 person likes this

Taylor Zarzour & Marc James both said on air Thursday that they believe Carolina is last of the four remaining teams for his services.

That's a good thing to hear if you're a UNC fan.

Those two have absolutely no grasp on what's going on in the Carolinas and combined possess half a brain. Sports fans listen to them in this area because they have to. It's like playing Madden or NCAA video games.

Taylor Zarzour & Marc James both said on air Thursday that they believe Carolina is last of the four remaining teams for his services.

That's a good thing to hear if you're a UNC fan.

Those two have absolutely no grasp on what's going on in the Carolinas and combined possess half a brain. Sports fans listen to them in this area because they have to. It's like playing Madden or NCAA video games.

I agree Marc James is a douche with no grasp of what's going on in the Carolina's but Taylor had some pretty good inside sources on certain things. He is pretty in tune with what's going on in ACC basketball since he spent so much time in the Raleigh area. He also broke the news first that the Panthers were playing on Monday night against the Pats.

If I'm not mistaken, Zarzour is an NCSU guy; so he is going to say whatever helps him sleep better at night.

Being honest, (and I have no inside sources) I think it's between UNC and KU.

Reasoning...

If he goes to UK, they are a near lock for another NCAA Championship (which is a deciding factor for Wiggins, I believe), but he will be playing with a team that might be able to give the Orlando Magic a run for their money. Personally, I don't think scouts want to see Wiggins on an all-star team, but rather on a good team where he is without a doubt the number one guy and the leader.

If he goes to FSU, he will without a doubt be the go to guy, but that opportunity for an NCAA Championship is gone.

That leaves UNC and KU. Both schools should be top 10 programs next year and Wiggins would make either one a contender, giving him the opportunity to possibly compete for an NCAA Championship. On top of that, he would be the go to guy on both team's and he would be able to showcase his talents as the clear leader of the team.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with UNC or KU as his choice.

Zarzour lived and worked in Raliegh for a few years but is a native of Alabama and played college golf for the Crimson Tide.

I wouldn't trust anything either one if those guys relay from their "sources".

The natural, best fit for Wiggins is obviously UNC. Anyone with any sense understands that.

But, there are a lot of other factors at play and who knows what's really going on with this kid. He is obviously milking it for everything he can. Wherever this dude goes - he better put up 20 a game.

If i was that good i'd milk it too. Well i'd probably just pick UNC but not announce it lol