• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#211 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,429 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

It's not like Kansas is chopped liver here...

They were going to be a Top 20 team regardless of this decision, despite losing all the starters if I'm not mistaken.  Not to mention now adding a Top 2-3 recruiting class. Although Self has a tendency to choke in some big games IMO, he's still a Final Four threat nearly every year. Add in the brother angle, makes sense.

McLemore out, Wiggins in.  

#212 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't think it's his time yet... I'm predicting about his junior year is when he shows out

Yeah JP is going to be the wild card this year. He or James.

Like I said we could of used AW but we are still stacked. Deep, too.

#213 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Gotta say that I had Kansas 4th so I am a bit surprised. I thought that Carolina was the best choice for him, although I am a bit biased. However, he could have had everything at Carolina as opposed to FSU, KU, or UK. Would've been the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option (although we have some very nice players in Hairston, JMM, and Paige), and he would've had a good shot at competing for a National Championship. I've been looking for a player for Kobe to pass the torch to (as far as being the next player that I really follow), and it looks like it won't be Wiggins, although I'll still root for Wiggins since he did not go to UK and take the easy way out like today's athletes tend to do.

#214 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's not like Kansas is chopped liver here...

They were going to be a Top 20 team regardless of this decision, despite losing all the starters if I'm not mistaken.  Not to mention now adding a Top 2-3 recruiting class. Although Self has a tendency to choke in some big games IMO, he's still a Final Four threat nearly every year. Add in the brother angle, makes sense.

McLemore out, Wiggins in.

KU won't be as good this year as they were last. I was pulling for him to go to FSU if not UNC.

#215 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,429 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Maybe not as good this year as last, but that doesn't mean they won't compete for a title.

One of the updated ESPN preseason Top 25 rankings has KU at 5 now...kind of echoing what I said while some of you give them no shot.

http://espn.go.com/m...lege-basketball

#216 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,516 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't see how you can go to barely a top 25 team to a title contender with one player, maybe that's just me.

#217 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Gotta say that I had Kansas 4th so I am a bit surprised. I thought that Carolina was the best choice for him, although I am a bit biased. However, he could have had everything at Carolina as opposed to FSU, KU, or UK. Would've been the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option (although we have some very nice players in Hairston, JMM, and Paige), and he would've had a good shot at competing for a National Championship. I've been looking for a player for Kobe to pass the torch to (as far as being the next player that I really follow), and it looks like it won't be Wiggins, although I'll still root for Wiggins since he did not go to UK and take the easy way out like today's athletes tend to do.

I was pulling for UNC obviously, but would have loved to see him at FsU if not in CH.

Like I said he appears to be a good dude so I wish him the best. Unlike some UNC/UK fans who've probably called him every bad word in the book. With that being said he decided against UNC and if he sees us in March u best believe I want to see Roy and the boys shove it down his throat.

#218 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

You have to wonder why he chose KU though... no shot at a ship... he doe however get to be that number one guy and put up 30 a game; if he chooses.

Don't sleep on KU, they now have the #2 class with Wiggins, Selden, and Embiid. Plus Perry Ellis is still there so to say they can't compete for a title is not necessarily the case.

#219 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Maybe not as good this year as last, but that doesn't mean they won't compete for a title.

One of the updated ESPN preseason Top 25 rankings has KU at 5 now...kind of echoing what I said while some of you give them no shot.

http://espn.go.com/m...lege-basketball

Homey it's the middle of May, your college hoops predictions are probably just as good as mine.

#220 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Does his bro play for the shockers or just go there?

#221 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Does his bro play for the shockers or just go there?

He plays.

#222 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Don't sleep on KU, they now have the #2 class with Wiggins, Selden, and Embiid. Plus Perry Ellis is still there so to say they can't compete for a title is not necessarily the case.

Didn't realize their class was that good.

#223 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Anyone need a good laugh go read some of the UNC/BBN forums. Yikes.

This sub is going to be dead now for a few months.

#224 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,429 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

I don't see how you can go to barely a top 25 team to a title contender with one player, maybe that's just me.

Speaks more to how weak the college game has become IMO.  1 guy can take a team from decent to contender.

I mean, Bullock leaving UNC for instance dropped them from potential Top 5 to the 12-15 range.  Especially with the hard-on the media has with Wiggins right now, easy to bump a team 15 spots when a decent to good player like Bullock can move a team 7-8. 

#225 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Speaks more to how weak the college game has become IMO.  1 guy can take a team from decent to contender.

I mean, Bullock leaving UNC for instance dropped them from potential Top 5 to the 12-15 range.  Especially with the hard-on the media has with Wiggins right now, easy to bump a team 15 spots when a decent to good player like Bullock can move a team 7-8. 

Got a point, it will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

At least I still have a chance of seeing Wiggins on my favorite team... Go Bobcats!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com