• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#241 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

You'd better hope we get some kind of inside game or this year won't be any better than last year.  Wiggins would have helped alleviate some of the problems we have inside but now it looks like Hairston will be the main focus of our offense.  At least he should be.

Unless you want McAdoo to be one of the focuses on offense 

answer to that...

No..gif

#242 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Paige is going to have to find his inner Kendall Marsahll and McAdoo is going to have to find his inner Sam Perkins in order for UNC to win a ship, hopefully it happens.

#243 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I don't see how you can go to barely a top 25 team to a title contender with one player, maybe that's just me.

You were essentially advocating for as much a few weeks ago weren't you? I mean unc to me is a top 20-25 team next year. You said they'd be a title contender with Wiggins...

#244 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

You were essentially advocating for as much a few weeks ago weren't you? I mean unc to me is a top 20-25 team next year. You said they'd be a title contender with Wiggins...

Do some research before trying to one up me.

We are projected to be a top 10-15 team that has a weakness at small forward, where that Kansas team lost all five of its starters. If Wiggins would have chosen UNC, he would have filled the hole that UNC has at small forward and made the Heels a very dangerous team. Now we have to hope that Tokoto can step up even though I think we will go with a line-up of Paige, McDonald, Hairston, Hicks, McAdoo.

#245 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Unless you want McAdoo to be one of the focuses on offense 

answer to that...

No..gif

McAdoo needs to greatly improve for me to want him to be our #1 scoring option.  He's not consistent at all.  He has no post moves.  He rushes his shots all the time.  Don't get me wrong, we would be way worse without him, but give me Tyler Hansbrough every day of the week over McAdoo.

#246 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

McAdoo needs to greatly improve for me to want him to be our #1 scoring option.  He's not consistent at all.  He has no post moves.  He rushes his shots all the time.  Don't get me wrong, we would be way worse without him, but give me Tyler Hansbrough every day of the week over McAdoo.

Without a doubt 24/7

#247 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Who is your college hoops team?

#248 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Told yall to not forget about Kansas! UNC is still fine. Sorry ABCers.

#249 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Who is your college hoops team?

UNC was also projected as a top 10 team last year...what has changed other than a loss of your best scorer? Did McAdoo improve greatly? Did he get tougher? Did your other bigs learn a post move? Honestly, between the beginning of last year and the beginning of next year the only thing has has changed is Marcus Paige. Is he really enough to take you from a borderline top 25 team to a top 10 team? IDTS.

I root for State.

#250 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

UNC was also projected as a top 10 team last year...what has changed other than a loss of your best scorer? Did McAdoo improve greatly? Did he get tougher? Did your other bigs learn a post move? Honestly, between the beginning of last year and the beginning of next year the only thing has has changed is Marcus Paige. Is he really enough to take you from a borderline top 25 team to a top 10 team? IDTS.

I root for State.

I think that Hairston is going to have to average at least 20ppg and JMM is going to have to be close to that for unc to be relevant.  I don't think the freshmen are going to make that much of an impact, in fact I think they are comparable to unc's freshman class from last year.  I think the SF position is going to be a problem as well maybe not so much scoring because I think L Mac can get 8ppg but defensively.  I mean Leslie is a terrible defender and Tokoto is just not ready and they are going to have to guard guys like Parker, Hood, Anderson, Harris, and McKie so I think that is a big problem for the heels.  Like last year I think these heels have little room for error especially with Bullock being gone and missing out on Wiggins.

#251 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I root for State.

You'd have to ask Coach Williams that question. 

PJ Hairston and JMM are both going to be strong candidates for first team All-ACC next season, and both have potential to be All Americans. I expect Paige to improve. I know people like you and BigQueefDaddy probably DVR every UNC game, but you should have noticed how greatly Paige improved just over the course of ACC play. 

UNC is going to be just fine next year. Deal with it. Or live in denial. Doesn't matter to me! 

#252 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think that Hairston is going to have to average at least 20ppg and JMM is going to have to be close to that for unc to be relevant.  I don't think the freshmen are going to make that much of an impact, in fact I think they are comparable to unc's freshman class from last year.  I think the SF position is going to be a problem as well maybe not so much scoring because I think L Mac can get 8ppg but defensively.  I mean Leslie is a terrible defender and Tokoto is just not ready and they are going to have to guard guys like Parker, Hood, Anderson, Harris, and McKie so I think that is a big problem for the heels.  Like last year I think these heels have little room for error especially with Bullock being gone and missing out on Wiggins.

Duke doesn't have a center and are going to depend on two players who have never touched an ACC ball next season. They always have lofty expectations but let's face it, guy, Duke won't be as good as they were last season. That is a fact.

Last year was your year man! You guys had the best center in the NCAA, a legitimate dude who can go off for 35 on any given night, and of course the best player in the history of the ACC in Ryan Kelly. 

You guys blew it man! You couldn't get it done! Just think about if you could of lived up to the pressure and taken care of business aganst Louisville! man so close!! Imagine the amount of bullshit you could talk on an internet message board if Duke didn't choke! 

But hey, I'm sure Duke will look fantastic in November and December. 

HOW SWEET IT AINT 

#253 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,991 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Mr. TD...

Haven't you been harping on the impact Meeks and Hicks will make down low next year?  You know, 2 guys who have never touched a basketball in ACC play, let alone the college game?

I'd say it's fair then for Duke fans to be happily awaiting one of the best prospects in a decade, as well as a guy with college experience who many believe to have 1st round talent. 

A key point for Duke next year as well...they're going to be athletic.  Finally.  Athletic teams have always plagued them in March, and a reason they are such a great team in ACC play before getting ousted early on in the tourney by a more athletic team.  

Next year?  They can run with anyone.  

I also think you're overstating the role of the 5 in the college game.  There just aren't many great 5's in the college game anymore.  Size is lacking across the board for most teams, and I wouldn't be surprised to see K run an Olympic style roster with Jabari playing the role of LBJ at the 5 in key moments.  

Cook, Rasheed, Dawkins, Hood, and Parker on the court at the same time?  Rebounding will be hurt (and was atrocious this past season anyway), but good luck defending it. 

Titles more often than not come down to who has the most NBA players on the court IMO.  Duke could potentially have 3 1st rounders in their starting 5 next year. Duke may not have had that since 2001. 

#254 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I root for State.

We didn't lose our best scorer... We lost one of them but PJ Hairston IMO was our best scorer. McAdoo supposedly had something wrong with his back last year but I'm still not 100% sure he can be "that guy". I think those preseason rankings always overhype UNC and this season I feel we should be somewhere around 20-23 but we'll probably end up around 13-15ish

I agree about McAdoo he's going to have to step up and become the second option. I kind of agree about the freshmen there's too many questionmarks there... Yeah I'm not sure what Roy's going to do about the SF position, Is he gonna move Hairston to SF? or is he going to stick McDonald at SF.. Either way it's a little scary to think about 

#255 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Duke doesn't have a center and are going to depend on two players who have never touched an ACC ball next season. They always have lofty expectations but let's face it, guy, Duke won't be as good as they were last season. That is a fact.

Last year was your year man! You guys had the best center in the NCAA, a legitimate dude who can go off for 35 on any given night, and of course the best player in the history of the ACC in Ryan Kelly. 

You guys blew it man! You couldn't get it done! Just think about if you could of lived up to the pressure and taken care of business aganst Louisville! man so close!! Imagine the amount of bullshit you could talk on an internet message board if Duke didn't choke! 

But hey, I'm sure Duke will look fantastic in November and December. 

HOW SWEET IT AINT 

Duke doesn't need a dominate center, remember 2010?  MP3 will be fine in the "Zoubek" role, getting rebounds and playing defense.  We don't need him to be a dominate scorer, just solid.

I do think it's funny that Duke brings in a top 4 recruiting class with the #2 player in that class plus a very good transfer in Hood and you think there is no way they will be better next year but unc, who lost one of their top scores, top rebounders, and best 3 point shooter and who is bringing in the #17 ranked recruiting class is going to be so much better then last year.  Where did your team get better?  Am I missing something?  Is L Mac really better then Bullock?   

As for last season we had to battle too many injuries, Curry basically played on one leg the whole year and Kelly missed half the season, and when he did come back was still playing on a bum foot.  It just wasn't meant to be.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com