Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN Insider Note On Kenjon Barner

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I think it is. When comparing D-Will's career to J-Stew's, it's clear that J-Stew has been more durable, especially in the first five years.

I am not sure either would have been had they been feature backs, but DW seems to get more snaps.

Posted

Why would he take Tolbert's touchdowns? Will he suddenly morph into a 240 lb. back near the goal line, because that's where Tolbert's scores came from.

I wondered that too. Maybe he is referring to the all-purpose yardage. I think Barner will catch a lot of passes.

Posted

I think it is. When comparing D-Will's career to J-Stew's, it's clear that J-Stew has been more durable, especially in the first five years.

Outside of the mysterious IR because of a strained "arch" in 2010, a complete waste of a season. Dwill has only missed three games in his entire career because of injury. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ditch both of them, get a real fullback and rely on Tolbert and Barner.

1 person likes this

Posted

uhh not when it matters.. we finally have a perinnial-playoff caliber team now and if hes been getting hurt lately you can hardly call him durable. Even so, DWill > Stew as a complete RB.

LOL, this is why I'm going to enjoy watching D-Will apologists cry when he's cut.

Posted

Why would he take Tolbert's touchdowns? Will he suddenly morph into a 240 lb. back near the goal line, because that's where Tolbert's scores came from.

what I've seen of barner, in GL and short yardage situations anyway, is an ability to squeeze  tiny holes and bounce around when paths are cut off. 

i think that where he might vulture TDs is inside the 20. the kid is capable of making some  big gains in   hurry. i can see him getting a good number of TDs without a lot of carries. probably williams and stewart between the 20s, barner in the red zone, and  tolbert in goalline and yardage situations.

Posted

Ditch both of them, get a real fullback and rely on Tolbert and Barner.

i like this plan, and spend that money saved on another receiver, another DB, and a RT. 

2 people like this

Posted

Only a sleeper if Williams is a June 1 cut...

We will have 5 rushers. If all healthy....any RB would be looking to max out around 600 yards

Posted

I am so pumped we got Barner

Posted

i like this plan, and spend that money saved on another receiver, another DB, and a RT. 

Doesn't that have like a less than 15% chance of happening though? This season...

Posted

uhh not when it matters.. we finally have a perinnial-playoff caliber team now and if hes been getting hurt lately you can hardly call him durable. Even so, DWill > Stew as a complete RB.

Healthy? Stewart > Williams. Which is why Stewart is the preferred RB the last 2 seasons. He is more diverse...

Posted

Doesn't that have like a less than 15% chance of happening though? This season...

of both being gone? probably. 

i think big picture, though. not limited to just this year.