#31 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

[quote name="MHS831" post="2222160" timestamp="1367669252"]

I wondered that too. Maybe he is referring to the all-purpose yardage. I think Barner will catch a lot of passes.

I think rivera said he wanted to use him as a dump off guy as well.

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

As a fan, I really want this kid to make the team. Him and Adams fighting it out to get touches could be an exciting scenario. Adams in the slot with Barner in the back field could be a potential nightmare for Ds. Let them be moving when they get the ball, use those open field moves as an actual weapon.

Smitty and Lafell on the outside. Adams in the slot, and Barner out of the backfield could be explosive. Throw in Olsen. That, my friends, is what we call in the fan biz, Reason to be optimistic. 

#33 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

uhh not when it matters.. we finally have a perinnial-playoff caliber team now and if hes been getting hurt lately you can hardly call him durable. Even so, DWill > Stew as a complete RB.

can't see how you feel that way considering Stew has been a better back catching passes out of the backfield and better between the tackles...

but to each their own...

#34 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

i like this plan, and spend that money saved on another receiver, another DB, and a RT.

Unfortunately I don't think it saves any cap. I'd be all for it though.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Unfortunately I don't think it saves any cap. I'd be all for it though.

it would have to be a part of a two-three year plan. cut dwill this year june 1 and save  few mil. the next year cut stewart june  first....or maybe the next year so we don't have to swallow two halves of those cap hits.

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

If we are going ground and pound, I would take Stewy.

If we are talking explosive plays, I want DWill.

With that said. Why can't we trade Stewy, eat that June 1st payment, and let our playmakers make plays?

#37 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

With that said. Why can't we trade Stewy, eat that June 1st payment, and let our playmakers make plays?

because DWill only breaks 20+ yards LESS THAN once a game.....  therefore, DWill isn't really our "playmaker" who only gets less than 12 touches a game at BEST....

#38 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

because DWill only breaks 20+ yards LESS THAN once a game.....  therefore, DWill isn't really our "playmaker" who only gets less than 12 touches a game at BEST....

/

/

/

//

/

/

/

We were near the top with those splash, explosive, type plays. I would have to think DWill is near the top for our team. And I agree, he deserves more touches.

DWill is a HomeRun threat. Stewy, not so much. 

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

look up DWill's "home run threats"..  he's trivial compared to Jonathan Stewart...

#40 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

look up DWill's "home run threats"..  he's trivial compared to Jonathan Stewart...

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

C;non man! Homy don't play that game.

#41 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Here's the deal...

We cut DWill June 1st and we open up cap space. Yes, we have to eat some unallocated bonus, but it still saves money because of his high but non-guaranteed salary.

Stew, on the other hand, is still due quite a bit of guaranteed money, making it much harder to make an immediate move with him.

If I were Gettleman, I'd cut DWill June 1 of this year, and look to do something to get out from under Stew's deal next year.

#42 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I def could see Dwill traded to the Steelers or Denver. If not I think he is cut next year.

#43 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

C;non man! Homy don't play that game.

Just sayin, people keep talking like DWill's "home run threat" ability is something to build an offense around when he barely breaks a 20+ yard gain once a game.. less than ONCE per game.  

I'll take 40+ passes out of the backfield and great between the tackles any day of the week over this insane idea that DWill is an overall better back because of some fabricated "home run threat" propaganda...

#44 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,350 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I def could see Dwill traded to the Steelers or Denver. If not I think he is cut next year.

From my understanding they would have to take that contract. I don't see any team doing that, if that's the case.

#45 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

I want to see how much the offense is going to change under Shula before I get into the Will v. Stew argument.

Stew was the guy you could depend on for consistent 4 yard gains under Fox. Williams' line would be something like this: loss of 1, gain of 2, gain of 1, no gain, gain of 2, no gain, 53 yard TD.

But under Chud, neither were really a ball controlling, run down the clock back - mainly because of our offensive scheme. Will could still get some big gains (on rarer occasions). Stew was incredible in the passing game in 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com