Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paige

Would You Trade A 1st Rounder For Victor Cruz?

BuckNaked    70

Giants know no one is going to throw a 1st their way. That's why they placed that high a tender on him. If it'd been a 2nd he'd be gone. Most teams aren't willing to part with 1st anymore. When was the last time a WR got traded for a 1st? Roy Williams?

La Pantera    1,044

Umm, Harvin this year?

Harvin actually was, this year. But the last one before that I think was Roy Williams to the Cowboys. But yeah, Cruz is a good WR. But for 1st round value? No thanks. He wouldn't be our #1 WR when Smittys done. He needs Nicks on the outside, himself. His production faltered without Nicks on the field. I think the Giants would LOVE a first for him!

Guess you didn't read the whole thread, huh?

stirs    6,536

Never

Just because you see a guy dancing in the end zone on Sportcenter, does not mean you mortgage your teams future in hopes of him dancing in Charlotte. Different team dynamics and such dictate that Cruz is his best where he currently resides. Take him out of that system and drop him in another? A lot less dancing after the big outlay of cash and loss of draft picks.

FattyFatFat    1,112

DWILL AND A 1ST.  YEP.

Woah. Pricey.

a 2nd maybe. Jstew and a 3rd but I dont think that will ever happen.

Guest HelloWorld   
Guest HelloWorld

If we were a perennial playoffs team where our 1st rounder is the 25th pick, yes. But we have the potential to be drafting top 10 since we made no improvement on offense and the coaching, OL are still a question mark. 2nd rounder and a conditional. We need our 1st to draft the next AJ Green or Julio Jones. Cruz was not the #1 WR on his team.