Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Trade A 1st Rounder For Victor Cruz?

121 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd trade a first for Hakeem Nicks, but not Cruz.... 

If we were able to acquire Nicks, Smith could essentially take over the roll that Cruz is used in, in New York...

X - Nicks

Y- Smith

Z - LaFell

Posted · Report post

Considering how many 1st round picks bust out every year I would have to say that is inaccurate. If you could trade your 1st round pick for Cruz and pay him what you would pay your first round rookie there isn't a team in the league who wouldn't do that.

He is definitely worth a 1st round pick just not the contract he may be seeking. If he makes you a playoff team then that pick loses value anyway. It's a money thing not a pick thing.

Nothing you just said makes my point inaccurate at all. Whether Victor Cruz is worth a first rounder or not is up for debate, but there still aren't many players in the league that a team would trade their 1st round pick for. And besides, any player that you would trade a 1st round pick for would be asking for that kind of money anyways, and that's usually the main reason that a team would rather just draft someone that could develop.

Posted · Report post

I'd like to get Cruz but I don't think I'd give up a 1st...

Posted · Report post

Gman was smart to tighten up our defense this year...I agree his plan is to sign a top notch WR next year...I really like what I've seen from him so far

Posted · Report post

Ya, Marshall is a nut, I would give up a first for Cruz before 2 thirds for Marshall.

Posted · Report post

I would not he's a good player but all big market players get overrated a bit, best example of this is Roy Williams the Cowboys safety was just ok in coverage but could lay a big hit every once in a while(and get ran over too lol), and went to tons of Probowls because he plays for the Cowboys when every year I wouldnt say he was actually one of the 2 best safeties in the NFC ever

Posted · Report post

NICKS2014!!!

Posted · Report post

People would bow down to Nicks if he came here next year

Posted · Report post

I love of Victor Cruz, I was ridiculed hence the moniker of troll was tagged to my handle. Some years later the huddle now has threads dedicated to the guy I said would be what he is today. Funny how he's the poster boy for wrs in the league. I know talent and I was the only one that called it.

Posted · Report post

I love of Victor Cruz, I was ridiculed hence the moniker of troll was tagged to my handle. Some years later the huddle now has threads dedicated to the guy I said would be what he is today. Funny how he's the poster boy for wrs in the league. I know talent and I was the only one that called it.

you should be an nfl scout man that's some cool stuff

Posted · Report post

Double post sorry

Posted · Report post

you should be an nfl scout man that's some cool stuff

haha funny guy. One of my friends is a scout in the Charlotte area. Maybe that's an idea.