Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paige

Would You Trade A 1st Rounder For Victor Cruz?

121 posts in this topic

he may be worth a first but not worth a first plus a huge outrageous contract

I'm hoping for this. I'd rather have nicks, tbh.

This

Hakeem Nicks will be the guy we target next year, if we have have to give up a 1rd or 2nd pick to get him we should do it.

A 1st for an undrafted guy......who'd win that deal?

So I guess someone could have just offered us a 3rd for Smitty when he was in his prime at that would have been fair deal.  Let's trade a 7th for Brady, that's fair too.   Dumb logic bro.

A 1st for an undrafted guy......who'd win that deal?

So I guess someone could have just offered us a 3rd for Smitty when he was in his prime and that would have been fair deal.  Let's trade a 7th for Brady, that's fair too.   Dumb logic bro.

Im gonna have to go with no, and take my chances on getting Nicks via FA.

You guys didn't read my post did you? He isn't going anywhere so its a moot point now.

Unless this is strictly a hypothetical thread. In that case, carry on.

1 person likes this

So I guess someone could have just offered us a 3rd for Smitty when he was in his prime and that would have been fair deal. Let's trade a 7th for Brady, that's fair too. Dumb logic bro.

Dumb logic??? Ok, Brandon Marshall is a true #1 WR and he was traded for two 3rd rounders. So yeah, trading your 1st for a slot reciever (not even #1 on his team) is Dumb. Giants placed a 1st round tender on Cruz because they knew nobody would touch it. And if someone DID, they'd get a 1st for nothing. No one in their right mind would make that trade. And it has nothing to do wether he was drafted or not....BRO!!!

Dumb logic??? Ok, Brandon Marshall is a true #1 WR and he was traded for two 3rd rounders. So yeah, trading your 1st for a slot reciever (not even #1 on his team) is Dumb. Giants placed a 1st round tender on Cruz because they knew nobody would touch it. And if someone DID, they'd get a 1st for nothing. No one in their right mind would make that trade. And it has nothing to do wether he was drafted or not....BRO!!!

That is not what you said.  You implied that what we traded for him had a direct relationship to where he was drafted.  That is dumb logic.   Btw why wouldn't you trade a number 1 for a guy like Victor Cruz?  I don't expect to end up with a top ten pick next year.   You wouldn't trade a 22 for a young proven commodity, that our GM has experience with?   Receivers take a while to develop when they come out.  We're getting ready to head into our golden age, we're almost ready to make a deep playoff run.  I'd trade for Cruz.  Newton to Cruz has a nice ring.

Oh and BTW the only reason the 3rd rounders got Marshall is because of the circus he brings in.  If it wasn't for the controversy that historically he's always brought to a franchise they would have traded a 1st rounder.

• Topics