Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Trade A 1st Rounder For Victor Cruz?

121 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd trade a first for Hakeem Nicks, but not Cruz.... 

If we were able to acquire Nicks, Smith could essentially take over the roll that Cruz is used in, in New York...

X - Nicks

Y- Smith

Z - LaFell

Posted

Considering how many 1st round picks bust out every year I would have to say that is inaccurate. If you could trade your 1st round pick for Cruz and pay him what you would pay your first round rookie there isn't a team in the league who wouldn't do that.

He is definitely worth a 1st round pick just not the contract he may be seeking. If he makes you a playoff team then that pick loses value anyway. It's a money thing not a pick thing.

Nothing you just said makes my point inaccurate at all. Whether Victor Cruz is worth a first rounder or not is up for debate, but there still aren't many players in the league that a team would trade their 1st round pick for. And besides, any player that you would trade a 1st round pick for would be asking for that kind of money anyways, and that's usually the main reason that a team would rather just draft someone that could develop.

Posted

I'd like to get Cruz but I don't think I'd give up a 1st...

Posted

Gman was smart to tighten up our defense this year...I agree his plan is to sign a top notch WR next year...I really like what I've seen from him so far

Posted

Ya, Marshall is a nut, I would give up a first for Cruz before 2 thirds for Marshall.

Posted

I would not he's a good player but all big market players get overrated a bit, best example of this is Roy Williams the Cowboys safety was just ok in coverage but could lay a big hit every once in a while(and get ran over too lol), and went to tons of Probowls because he plays for the Cowboys when every year I wouldnt say he was actually one of the 2 best safeties in the NFC ever

Posted

NICKS2014!!!

Posted

People would bow down to Nicks if he came here next year

Posted

I love of Victor Cruz, I was ridiculed hence the moniker of troll was tagged to my handle. Some years later the huddle now has threads dedicated to the guy I said would be what he is today. Funny how he's the poster boy for wrs in the league. I know talent and I was the only one that called it.

Posted

I love of Victor Cruz, I was ridiculed hence the moniker of troll was tagged to my handle. Some years later the huddle now has threads dedicated to the guy I said would be what he is today. Funny how he's the poster boy for wrs in the league. I know talent and I was the only one that called it.

you should be an nfl scout man that's some cool stuff

Posted

Double post sorry

Posted

you should be an nfl scout man that's some cool stuff

haha funny guy. One of my friends is a scout in the Charlotte area. Maybe that's an idea.