Photo
- - - - -

NBA Playoffs Rd 2: (1) Miami Heat vs. (5) Chicago Bulls

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: NBA Playoffs (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Miami Heat (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. Chicago Bulls (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bulls wanna play WWF and not basketball, then they and their coach cry to the refs. FOH. Everyone in America sees how soft they are and their leader Derrick Rose is. Dude will go full contact in practice but scared to face LeBron in the playoffs. Im Glad their season is almost over.

Rose is definitely a pussy, 

I'd take Boozer or Noah on my team in a heartbeat though.

#62 Manos

Manos

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Rose is definitely a pussy,
I'd take Boozer or Noah on my team in a heartbeat though.

Noah yes boozer no.

#63 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Tell me a time people and media encouraged players to hit and rough up MJ 90 feet from the basket? MJ was the most babied player in NBA history.

Why are you talking about Jordan? What does he have to do with anything? Thanks for admitting defeat by deflection though. Dumbass. Sadder even is that i can name a period you are talking about with MJ.

#64 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Mello and Dwight didnt hold the cards? lol you are joking... do I really have to explain how they held each of their teams by the balls for 1 to 2 yrs? 

#65 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Why are you talking about Jordan? What does he have to do with anything? Thanks for admitting defeat by deflection though. Dumbass. Sadder even is that i can name a period you are talking about with MJ.

I knew as a Tarheel fan you wouldnt answer the question. The answer is never. The fans and media never called for scrubs to rough up MJ. Just breathing on him refs would call foul. LeBron doesnt get coddled and babied in that manner.

#66 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I knew as a Tarheel fan you wouldnt answer the question. The answer is never. The fans and media never called for scrubs to rough up MJ. Just breathing on him refs would call foul. LeBron doesnt get coddled and babied in that manner.

Well, the media wasn't nearly as prevalent back then, and we don't necessarily know what fans outside of Chicago felt. MJ is adored now, but back when MJ's Bulls were destroying teams, I very much doubt that the opposing teams fans were rooting for MJ. Michael also faced more physicality than LeBron (or anyone) does today. You ever watch those Bulls/Pistons games?

#67 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm sure fans do. Are the media calling for them to rough up Lebron? 1984-1992 i'd say Jordan was roughed up more than Lebron ever will be.  And any player that breaths on lebron is called for a foul.  What game do you watch?

If we're on a media hate parade okay. Don't turn it into a race thread.

Also. This is not about Jordan. Again. Not about Jordan. Try to stay on topic.

#68 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well, the media wasn't nearly as prevalent back then, and we don't necessarily know what fans outside of Chicago felt. MJ is adored now, but back when MJ's Bulls were destroying teams, [b]I very much doubt that the opposing teams fans were rooting for MJ. Michael also faced more physicality than LeBron (or anyone) does today. You ever watch those Bulls/Pistons games?[/quote]

I have the Detroit Pistons Born To Be Bad 89 DVD. And I can tell you the "physicality" Jordan saw in that series was NOTHING like it is hyped. The only "physical" game was the elimination game. Prior to that 1, there was nothing out of the ordinary. Now the year prior, the Pistons roughed him up good, but outside of that, people greatly exegerrate how tough people were allowed to play MJ. NO PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY RECEIVED MORE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT CALLS OR PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FROM REFS THAN MICHAEL JORDAN. Most of the Pistons series they attacked Pippen and roughed him up. And when MJ faced the Knicks in the 90s, his friends Oakley and Ewing NEVER roughed him up. I remember seeing Greg Anthony tossed from a game in 93 just for giving MJ a hard foul on a drive. MJ never had to wear a faceshield because someone busted up his face (LeBron has). I never see people posting clips or youtube footage of Jordan getting beat up, because it never happened. In MJs first playoff series as a rookie he averaged 15 FTs a game. 15 a game!!! The Bulls lost the series in 4 games anyway.

Jordan was also regularly cheered in opposing arenas, including the playoffs. He got cheers in New York when his team would face the Knicks, and in the later part of his career he got cheers in EVERYONE's arena. Point being MJ was a "good guy" who is the greatest pitchman for "corporate sponsors". The league nor the media would never condone people physically beating up MJ the way they did Shaq and the way they do LeBron now. You were not allowed to go WWF on Jordan, and anyone who says that was the case is lying.

#69 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how you pulled the name Michael Jordan out of your ass in this thread.

#70 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

27 points (9-20), 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals tonight for KING.

Heat go up 3-1 in a 23 point blowout IN Chicago. Nate "heart" Robinson held to 0-12 shooting for 0 points, Boozer 3-14 for 14 points, Joakim Noah 1-6 for 6 points, Belinelli 3-8 for 9 points. Bulls scored 9 points TOTAL in the 3rd quarter, that is now a new playoff low for them. Defense wins championships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users