Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teams weren't offering much for williams

167 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Some huddlers claimed we could get a second or third rounder in compensation, lol.

Or revis

Posted · Report post

I think that if JStew, Tolbert, and Smith all finish camp health and if Barner shows some nice flashes, there's no way that DWill is on the team at the start of the season.

Posted · Report post

WHAT!???? YOU MEAN THE JETS WEREN'T WILLING TO TRADE REVIS FOR HIM LIKE TCF SUGGESTED???
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think that if JStew, Tolbert, and Smith all finish camp health and if Barner shows some nice flashes, there's no way that DWill is on the team at the start of the season.

i think the final straw would be having the opportunity to sign a player they feel they can't pass on. williams would be cut to make room.

Posted · Report post

Wait... Wait... Wait...

Did someone [b]seriously[/b] suggest that the Jets would give us Revis for DWill?

stfu, that can't be true.

Posted · Report post

kenjon was bad at the college level because he rarely had to do it.

if the only thing keeping kenjon from supplanting williams is pass protection, williams is in trouble.

Not really. Poor pass protection and lack of ball security are the two biggest things that keep young backs on the bench.

If you can't protect, you don't play.

Posted · Report post

Sucks that when talking about DeAngelo we have to listen to a bunch of cap bs, discussions about how he's old, speculation that the team doesn't need him, and how we need to clear his contract money. Dude has been a great team player and hasn't shown the ability drop off and obviously plays his heart out. I choose to let the chips fall where they may, but it would be nice to see him retire a panther with his head held high. Quality player.

there is no scenario where that was ever possible..  I'm sure he intends on playing the next 3-4 years, maybe more..  but it was never going to end in Charlotte...

Posted · Report post

Not really. Poor pass protection and lack of ball security are the two biggest things that keep young backs on the bench.

If you can't protect, you don't play.

keep in mind, tolbert and stewart are the main backs used for pass protection.

Posted · Report post

there is no scenario where that was ever possible.. I'm sure he intends on playing the next 3-4 years, maybe more.. but it was never going to end in Charlotte...

Just wishful thinking...I'm fully aware of that.

Posted · Report post

i think williams calls it quits if the panthers release him.

Posted · Report post

Everyone tends to forget D money had 200+ yards in the final game of the season. The dude can still ball, it won't do us much good to cut him this year anyways so we might as well keep him on our roster.

Posted · Report post

Everyone tends to forget D money had 200+ yards in the final game of the season. The dude can still ball, it won't do us much good to cut him this year anyways so we might as well keep him on our roster.

I like to think positively but

worst defense ever.