Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan The Awesome

Current Cap figure.

24 posts in this topic

Our cap space also doesn't include the JA June 1st cut.  After June 1st we'll get around $4 mil more if my memory serves me.  That's right around enough to sign the rookies.  What we have now is basically what we have to play with for the rest of FA and whatever we wanna save for emergencies during the season.

We didnt sign the Edwards dudes until just before the season last year did we?

good things come to those who wait, unless you're at a buffet, you wait, you starve.

Dwan Edwards was shortly before training camp last year.  Ron Edwards was pretty early in FA two years ago.

Whatever the number is at this time of the year only the top 51 salaries count, so around a million needs to be added for minimum salaries for the last two.

I think the secondary is fine for this year, I am more worried about protecting cam.

Dwan Edwards was shortly before training camp last year.  Ron Edwards was pretty early in FA two years ago.

The Dwan Edwards cut kinda caught him and others by surprise, as he had a pretty good camp last year. He was cut damned near the beginning of the regular season. As fate would have it, he dropped into our laps. I think we were very lucky to get him. It was an opportunistic move that was unpredictable. You can't count on moves like that every year.

I think that the staff will go into camp with what we have....evaluate the young guys....and then make decisions about adding a mid tier vet.

I think that the staff will go into camp with what we have....evaluate the young guys....and then make decisions about adding a mid tier vet.

this...unless you're talking about training camp. they'll be able to tell where they need help well before then and there will be a good bit of good FAs hitting the market before then.

my hope is that they've gotten essentially the starting line-up set heading into TC and the try outs are all about depth positions.

imo, we need to have the starters spending training camp just getting reps together, esp. the OL. we don't need to be using that time for try outs and camp battles. where the starting line up is concerned.