Photo
- - - - -

NC teen arrested for bringing shotguns to school by mistake... Gets full ride to Christian University...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hard to regulate stupid out of the population.

I think we have it narrowed down to a single party

#32 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

For all of you fully supporting the zero tolerance policy, I am sure you will agree 100% with the discipline handed out to these boys also.

http://minorjive.typ...black_stud.html

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

For all of you fully supporting the zero tolerance policy, I am sure you will agree 100% with the discipline handed out to these boys also.

Because these kids were killed by generators.

sandy_hook_victims_640x360_wb.jpg

#34 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Oh, so it is weapons in the vehicle on school grounds that should be enforced fully with no exceptions. Yep, it is working well

http://www.9news.com...es-found-in-car-

#35 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Maybe though education works typically.

Education teaches you math science history etc...  It doesn't teach common sense, nor does it teach you how to react in an unusual or urgent situation.  Those things can be taught in certain circumstances, but for the most part, they are learned thru life lessons or from one's family. 

Fwiw, I know I am forgetful, and that is one of the reasons I don't own a gun.  But I did drive my car to school a couple of times with unopened beer in the back seat, realized it during the school day, and quietly went out to my car during break and covered it with my jacket.  I was late getting back to class, and had to take a tardy, which wasn't great, but still better than getting suspended for having beer on high school grounds. 

If I were the kid, I would have called my parents in a place where no one could over hear me, even if it caused me to get in trouble for being late to a class. 

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Education teaches you math science history etc...  It doesn't teach common sense, nor does it teach you how to react in an unusual or urgent situation.  Those things can be taught in certain circumstances, but for the most part, they are learned thru life lessons or from one's family. 

Fwiw, I know I am forgetful, and that is one of the reasons I don't own a gun.  But I did drive my car to school a couple of times with unopened beer in the back seat, realized it during the school day, and quietly went out to my car during break and covered it with my jacket.  I was late getting back to class, and had to take a tardy, which wasn't great, but still better than getting suspended for having beer on high school grounds. 

If I were the kid, I would have called my parents in a place where no one could over hear me, even if it caused me to get in trouble for being late to a class. 

I do not agree that education is limited to specific lesson topics.

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Misleading URL. I was expecting studs.

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I do not agree that education is limited to specific lesson topics.

It might teach you other things, but it will not teach you common sense, nor how to make decisions in a crisis situation. 

#39 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

It might teach you other things, but it will not teach you common sense, nor how to make decisions in a crisis situation. 

I think you can teach safe driving, defensive driving etc. I think the same can be done with weapons. 

It will take time and effort but I think it's important to do.

#40 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I think you can teach safe driving, defensive driving etc. I think the same can be done with weapons. 

It will take time and effort but I think it's important to do.

No doubt those things can be taught.  And indeed, gun safety should be taught to anyone that owns a gun.  Although I think that if you are the kind that tends to be absent minded (as I can be at times), its difficult to learn not to be absent minded.  Which is why I wouldn't own a gun.  To much chance of me forgetting to put it up.   

I was thinking more about the young man's decision making process, once he realized the guns were still in his truck.  Calling his mom within earshot of school staff was not a good decision.  :)

#41 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Many times I had a gun in my truck during school hours, it was wrong, but I would go hunting in the mornings before the bell.

I would wrap it up in a blanket and leave it in the very back of my truck, and never say a word about it.

Thanks goodness I never got in trouble.

#42 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lesson learned.  When you make an honest mistake, say nothing and hope you aren't caught.

We should prosecute more potential crime.  That would stop all crime eventually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com