Photo
- - - - -

Cleveland police: Missing teens Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive, appear to be OK

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

...the interplaying social dynamics that is

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'm a fan of the dude...  Not the meme.  But, as SZ said, I fully expected the internet to turn the interview into a meme when I saw it.  But, you also have to keep in mind that Kai, the white hitchhiker that "SUM-MASHED" a guy with a hatchet, was also autotuned.  I think it's just the way of the internet to take any interview/video with a memorable quote and morph it into a meme.  If it catches, it makes the author of the viral video some cash, and in the past, it has allowed the "star" of the meme to cash in as well.

And in all honesty, people like Sweet Brown get the last laugh because she got rich off of it, and it put her in a better position in life than she was prior to her internet fame.  Only thing I don't like is when they play up the memes so much that the people are no longer people but rather just caricatures, as SZ said.  For example, I saw one of my friends who had recently graduated from dental school had a post from another friend on his FB timeline that featured a video of Sweet Brown going to the dentist and she says "Ain't nobody got time for that" throughout it.  I found it to be degrading and embarrassing.

As far as Ramsey goes, if he is just being himself, more power to him...  Especially if he reaps benefits from it.  I really hope his actions and subsequent fame gain him those benefits, because he deserves it.

#33 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Anybody heard of Angel Cordero? Possibly the real hero here?

#34 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

^ He's a possible illegal alien that barely speaks english, and not half as polarizing as Charles Ramsey. guess thats why no one cares what he has to say?

#35 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

No. Spanish speaking and boring? Not memeworthy therefore not a hero worthy of airtime.

#36 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

No. Spanish speaking and boring? Not memeworthy therefore not a hero worthy of airtime.

had he gotten excited about taco bell or yelled out "aye carumba", then...., then you'd have a true hero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.