#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,711 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Any of you posting in this thread willing to have your taxes increased to pay for this? (serious question).

yes.

as a (sort of) christian i recognize that my time on this planet is but a vapor in the wind and as such everything tangible is nothing but folly, and that, at the end of the day, my death in a pauper's grave is no different from the death of a king or a rich man, for we are all three dead, and, since our end will be the same, a bit of dirt shoveled on our heads and that being the final act, it is the meantime which we must focus upon in light of that finality; my own mortality lends credence to abandonment of temporality, of clutching the frail straws of material wealth and the teetering illusion of status, of security in shadows.

if raising taxes on my income - one of the wealthiest by world standards - increases standards of living for marginalized humans whose draw in the lottery of birth has not been as fortuitous as mine, then i am all for it.

#32 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I like when conservatives choose to believe there would be no cost to us deporting all illegals. They are really good at pretending they live inside a social bubble.

#33 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I like when conservatives choose to believe there would be no cost to us deporting all illegals. They are really good at pretending they live inside a social bubble.

No one's talked deportation.  It's been shown that even when we do, the deported just make a b-line back up here. 

Find sanctuary cities/states that aren't having budgetary issues. 

#34 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Why are you looking to government for the answer? Aren't you a free market guy?

#35 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Why are you looking to government for the answer? Aren't you a free market guy?

I'm not for indentured servitude.  Government caused this problem by not doing what it's supposed to do.  We are a nation of immigrants, but the south border is a helluva lot different/easier than what ancestors had to go through on Ellis Island. 

#36 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Both California and Texas have diverse economies, but California bet more heavily on housing where as Texas doubled down on oil and energy wealth. If oil prices were slumping and housing prices high, you'd be seeing more articles asking why Texas can't be more like California.

Cali's decline is based more off of the housing slump and Texas' ascent with strong oil prices than anything having to do with illegals. That being said, Texas is a lot more welcoming to Mexicans (legal and illegal) than California and is light years ahead regarding assimilation.

Cali's budget went into the shytter years ago due to Gray Davis, only the 2nd governor ever recalled in the history of the US, housing and current policies certainly have contributed to the prolonged slump.

Anyway, California is certainly very Pro Illegal, and is the only state I'm aware to grant amnesty to some 3 million illegal immigrants already in it's past.

By the end of this year there will be more Mexicans in California than Whites and Blacks combined. 

I always thought Cali was pretty friendly to Illegals.

What sort of systems are in place to better assimilate Texas' illegals? 

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,757 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Jobs at fertilizer plants?

#38 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

That industry is blowing wide open.

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,421 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

Cali's budget went into the shytter years ago due to Gray Davis, only the 2nd governor ever recalled in the history of the US, housing and current policies certainly have contributed to the prolonged slump.

Anyway, California is certainly very Pro Illegal, and is the only state I'm aware to grant amnesty to some 3 million illegal immigrants already in it's past.
By the end of this year there will be more Mexicans in California than Whites and Blacks combined.
I always thought Cali was pretty friendly to Illegals.
What sort of systems are in place to better assimilate Texas' illegals?

Honestly I think it's cause Texas is more religiously and social conservative than California (as are most Mexicans) but at the same time is more accepting of Mexicans living in their confines (as they have been for centuries) than, say, North Carolinians.

The Texan Republican party wisely figured out that Hispanics could be their philosophical ally provided they didn't treat them like crap (Florida's slowly realizing this as well). California is still largely too liberal to fully integrate naturally conservative Hispanic immigrants. Meanwhile Arizona is more or less Alabama circa 1962 with exclusive golf clubs replacing Woolworth's lunch counters.

#40 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

None of this matters in the end because the Marco Rubio's and Rob Portman's of the GOP will do just enough to get immigration reform passed for purely political reasons. They actually seem to think this will cause Hispanic voters to back them over the democrats but they don't realize there are much larger and more complex social and economic reasons why the Hispanic vote is trending as solidly democratic as it is today.

In short, the GOP will fold on this issue for political gains they'll never see.

#41 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Immigration reform will never pass the house....and there's no reconciliation saviour on this one. 

#42 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Heritage study co-author opposed letting in immigrants with low IQs

The average IQ of immigrants in the United States is substantially lower than that of the white native population, and the difference is likely to persist over several generations.

http://www.washingto...s-with-low-iqs/

Yay racism!  "White Native" ftw.

#43 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

LOL that's about all you need to know about this "study". 

No one knows whether Hispanics will ever reach IQ parity with whites, but the prediction that new Hispanic immigrants will have low-IQ children and grandchildren is difficult to argue against.

#44 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

White Power!! Err I mean Freedom! Patriot! Constitution!

#45 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,757 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Now we know why G5 is so high on this study; he's a big fan of the author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.