Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kasay to retire today...as a panther.

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Truly a class act and a great kicker. Thanks for the memories John.

Posted · Report post

This and Jake's final press conference always get me

john_kasay_leaves_carolina_with_a_heartf

Dear Panther Fans,

I wanted to personally write this letter to every Carolina Panther fan. Words cannot express how truly thankful my family and I are for the most wonderful 16 years of our lives.

We came to the Panthers as a young family with a 3-month-old baby. We leave with 4 children, 2 of whom are in high school. In between, you have loved and cheered and blessed us way more than we ever deserved. The only thing I could offer in return was the promise that I would try my best, every day, to make you proud.

Thank you for your encouragement when I failed. Thank you for the celebrations when we won. And most of all, thank you for letting me leave with a treasture-trove of memories that time cannot erase.

It is my hope that the greatest years in Panthers history are still to come. A franchise decorated with numerous Lombardi Trophies. Dozens of Hall-of-Fame players. And a region that swells with pride whenever they speak of their beloved Panthers.

It has been a tremendous privilege to live in Charlotte, to play for the, and to be able to share my life-long dream of playing in the NFL with all of you.

I pray that this will be a wonderful season and we will all get to watch the Panthers return to their rightful place as one of the most feared teams in the NFL.

May God bless you. Thank you again for the memories.

Blessings,

John Kasay

John was and continues to be the living definition of class. Im so very glad that his last day in the league will be as a Panther.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Great news.  One of the greatest Panthers.  Welcome back for a day, John.  You were missed.

Posted · Report post

Class act and a deserved member of the Ring of Honor.

Posted · Report post

think we can convince him to kick this year?

Posted · Report post

Salute.

Posted · Report post

Yup, great news... was hoping this would happen but I wasn't sure if Kasay would allow himself to be honored in this way. 

Posted · Report post

I'm still butt hurt from Ray Finkle err I mean John Kasay for kicking that ball out of bounds.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He should have never left.

Posted · Report post

If we were 50 yards and in with the game on the line my Dad would always declare victory before the kick and he was always right.  I was too afraid to jinx us to ever do that.  Thanks John.

Posted · Report post

Awesome news.

Welcome back Kasay, even if it is only for a day.

Posted · Report post

He should have never left.

He didn't have much of a choice.  He was released.  He should have never been released.

Now, when his Jake going to sign his one day contract and rightfully retire a Panther?