Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carolina Panthers "Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

173 posts in this topic

Posted

Cam's rookie season was much more impressive than RGIII from an individual standpoint.

Cam was asked and did make much more difficult throws.

Agree 100%

Posted

CRA has been on fire the past couple of days. I don't always agree w/ what he says but some of the past few posts of his have that I have read have been right on the money. 

Posted

I'm not an RG3 "HTTR" (in fact, I'm a big fan) but his completion percentage is as impressive as Alex Smith's. The entire system is composed of high percentage bubble screens and short passes (5-15 yards). His deep ball is accurate but he has a glaring weakness that his nuthuggers refuse to acknowledge: tight-window passes. RG3 struggled with them all year long. It's a legitimate reason why he avoided turning the ball over. Credit is due though, he doesn't make poor decisions. He plays smart and safe. However, games like the Seattle one provide proof that RG3 is not Peyton Manning. They can talk poo about Cam's accuracy percentage but he's not afraid to make a throw inbetween two defenders.

Posted

I'm not an RG3 "HTTR" (in fact, I'm a big fan) but his completion percentage is as impressive as Alex Smith's. The entire system is composed of high percentage bubble screens and short passes (5-15 yards). His deep ball is accurate but he has a glaring weakness that his nuthuggers refuse to acknowledge: tight-window passes. RG3 struggled with them all year long. It's a legitimate reason why he avoided turning the ball over. Credit is due though, he doesn't make poor decisions. He plays smart and safe. However, games like the Seattle one provide proof that RG3 is not Peyton Manning. They can talk poo about Cam's accuracy percentage but he's not afraid to make a throw inbetween two defenders.

cam hits deep outs and other difficult sideline routes with his eyes closed which is something that i didn't see griffin do much of.  the only play of griffin's like that that really stuck out to me was in the vikings game when he rolled out of the pocket and tried to strongarm a ball into a tight spot near the sideline.  it had way too little velocity and antoine winfield jumped it for the interception.

e: found a gif

antoinepick.gif

Posted

It'll be interesting to see how RG3 handles it this season. Shanahan is abandoning The Pistol and wants him to progress as a pocket passer. So his arm strength and accuracy will be put to the test.