#166 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

As for RG III, I don't take him seriously, sorry, with NFL Sunday Ticket  I would catch some of his games.  Some of it was luck, some strength of schedule and some of it people not having enough tape on him at the NFL level.  He did not make smart plays with his body which does not speak to his longevity in the league.

i've spent some time watching him on game rewind

he's probably in the most friendly system for a young quarterback imaginable.  even though ESPN built him up like he was sitting back in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady, it's pretty obvious that there are a lot of one-read concepts in his offense if you actually watch his games.  lots of quick hitters off three step drops and screens.  

of course, that notion would fly in the face of the "cerebral" griffin vs. "stupid" newton narrative that seems to be floating around.

also his arm is only so-so and he puts up a ton of ducks when he attempts truly vertical passes.

#167 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Apparently Schein has been ducking WFNZ about an interview. He rips the team, the franchise QB, and the head coach and doesn't have the balls to be a man and back up his claims for a local interview. 

That's what really irritating. 

At least idiot Prisco has the integrity to come on WFNZ after he predicted them going 3-13 last year. 

#168 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

i've spent some time watching him on game rewind

he's probably in the most friendly system for a young quarterback imaginable.  even though ESPN built him up like he was sitting back in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady, it's pretty obvious that there are a lot of one-read concepts in his offense if you actually watch his games.  lots of quick hitters off three step drops and screens.  

of course, that notion would fly in the face of the "cerebral" griffin vs. "stupid" newton narrative that seems to be floating around.

also his arm is only so-so and he puts up a ton of ducks when he attempts truly vertical passes.

Cam's rookie season was much more impressive than RGIII from an individual standpoint.

Cam was asked and did make much  more difficult throws.

#169 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Cam's rookie season was much more impressive than RGIII from an individual standpoint.

Cam was asked and did make much more difficult throws.

Agree 100%

#170 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

CRA has been on fire the past couple of days. I don't always agree w/ what he says but some of the past few posts of his have that I have read have been right on the money. 

#171 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm not an RG3 "HTTR" (in fact, I'm a big fan) but his completion percentage is as impressive as Alex Smith's. The entire system is composed of high percentage bubble screens and short passes (5-15 yards). His deep ball is accurate but he has a glaring weakness that his nuthuggers refuse to acknowledge: tight-window passes. RG3 struggled with them all year long. It's a legitimate reason why he avoided turning the ball over. Credit is due though, he doesn't make poor decisions. He plays smart and safe. However, games like the Seattle one provide proof that RG3 is not Peyton Manning. They can talk poo about Cam's accuracy percentage but he's not afraid to make a throw inbetween two defenders.

#172 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,781 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'm not an RG3 "HTTR" (in fact, I'm a big fan) but his completion percentage is as impressive as Alex Smith's. The entire system is composed of high percentage bubble screens and short passes (5-15 yards). His deep ball is accurate but he has a glaring weakness that his nuthuggers refuse to acknowledge: tight-window passes. RG3 struggled with them all year long. It's a legitimate reason why he avoided turning the ball over. Credit is due though, he doesn't make poor decisions. He plays smart and safe. However, games like the Seattle one provide proof that RG3 is not Peyton Manning. They can talk poo about Cam's accuracy percentage but he's not afraid to make a throw inbetween two defenders.

cam hits deep outs and other difficult sideline routes with his eyes closed which is something that i didn't see griffin do much of.  the only play of griffin's like that that really stuck out to me was in the vikings game when he rolled out of the pocket and tried to strongarm a ball into a tight spot near the sideline.  it had way too little velocity and antoine winfield jumped it for the interception.

e: found a gif

antoinepick.gif

#173 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

It'll be interesting to see how RG3 handles it this season. Shanahan is abandoning The Pistol and wants him to progress as a pocket passer. So his arm strength and accuracy will be put to the test.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com