#61 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Grab a copy of your 2003 Sports Illustrated NFL preview, where the Panthers were picked last in the NFC South and bottom four in the conference

Yeah, that turned out nicely

#62 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Front page snippet calls the team a "hapless bunch" lol.  I could see if he referred to schedule being a key factor.. but how Cam handles post game comments...?

#63 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Schein was on the Panthers wagon in 2008 and since then has disliked us. he picked us to go 4th in the division last year but said we tied three other teams instead of finished second. He was factually correct but wrong in his prediction then and will be wrong in his prediction now. We will finish second based on a strong defense and good offense.

#64 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

What a jerk  !

#65 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

he contradicts himself quite a bit. For example, he starts out with Cam Newton isnt an elite qb and carolina wont go anywhere with him but then later staes that Gettlemen should have appointed his own staff including a QB coach to foster newton.  Why foster a qb you said isnt the answer?

#66 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,931 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Reading this reminds me of how important week 1 vs. Seattle is going to be.  it has nothing to do with Cam vs Wilson.....it has everything to do with coming out with an early win.  Winning breeds confidence....if we lose week 1 (just like last year) I think it can easily send us spiraling down to where this guy may end up being right.  That game means everything (IMO)

#67 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Whole article was laughs

I hate how people dont know poo about my small market teams and write poo like they do. It's real annoying

#68 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Bulletin board material for players and fans alike.

fug that guy. 

#69 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

If the Saints get back on track, I could see the Panthers in last place in the NFC South, as they are currently constructed. Offensively, I don't think this team is much better than last year

Reading this reminds me of how important week 1 vs. Seattle is going to be. it has nothing to do with Cam vs Wilson.....it has everything to do with coming out with an early win. Winning breeds confidence....if we lose week 1 (just like last year) I think it can easily send us spiraling down to where this guy may end up being right. That game means everything (IMO)

The NFL has banked on Seattle being on the league's elite teams... they get four primetime games. Hard not to see us as the jobbers being fed to make the Seahawks look good

#70 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,074 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

@ItsGHardy Media's ripping on your QB:

@ElijahHorton they ripped on me to and I never quit on u ask @jonbeason @randywattson @DeAngeloRB and do on we never quit success is here

#71 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Schein wrote the same kind of article about the Browns a few offseasons ago. And he was right in that situation. And I get where he's coming from now. But if he liked our haul from the draft, why does he think we aren't better?

I agree, we haven't made any real waves or improvements. He is right. But we are a hair better than last year and with a few different bounces last year we would have been over .500, so we will be competitive still. We just aren't much.

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

All I needed to see was "Adam Schein".

Knew the article would be worthless as soon as I saw who wrote it.

#73 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

fug that guy.

#74 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

griffin would have been horrible on this team running this system.  his accuracy goes to pieces outside of like 20 yards and unless chudzinski suddenly decided he wanted to run a walsh west coast offense he'd have been IR'd by week 10.

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

You guys already know the media routine when it comes to our team.

I didn't think the usual hit pieces would begin trickling out until camp though, guess I was wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.