172 replies to this topic

#121 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Cam lives in so many herp-derpers heads I have no idea why they ain't charging him rent.

#122 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,345 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

I have never heard of this guy in my entire life, and have heard of a lot of worthless people

#123 Catfight84

Catfight84

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hang that shyt in the locker room

#124 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

e: To be fair - he does have a few points. He seems like a big time Cam hater, but what he said about the rest of the NFCS improving themselves is a fair point and fair criticism with the Panthers. I understand the cap mess Marty left us with, but the point still stands. Steven Jackson to the Falcons. Revis to the Bucs. Sean Payton is headed back to New Orleans. What do we have? Drayton Florence? 

The Falcan'ts DL is fuggin' horrible.  What did they do to improve that again?

The Falcan'ts cut their mauler of a RT and replaced him with a second-year player who was a 3rd round draft pick.  How did they improve their OL again?

(Edit: The Falcan't starting center of the past 13 or 14 years also retired in the offseason and they are replacing him with a second-year player as well.)

The Cain'ts have moved from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense with no significant change in personnel.  Who will play their 3-4 DE positions again?  Who is going to be their 3-4 OLB?

The Suc's did nothing to improve their non-existent LB corps.  How did they improve their LB again?

Every fuggin' team in the NFC South has flaws.  You seem to agree that having a "good secondary" is the be-all and end-all of the game of football.  Me?  I tend to think it comes down to the trenches.  I don't know if there's a more impactful DL in the NFC South than the one we'll have in Carolina this year.  And with Kalils return, I think we'll be at least solid on that side of the ball if we can get just AVERAGE performance out of whoever plays RG.

#125 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

A hurt Stewart? You mean the same one that has only missed nine career games? Talk about hyperbole.

No it isn't. Stewart is great bc he can play at a high level with nagging injuries. That is a positive.

But a 100% Stewart is hands down better than the one who can take the field battling injuries. A 100% Stewart would be the best RB we could put in the field in 2013.

#126 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Steven Jackson to the Falcons is a minor upgrade to Turner....if any at all.  He is a big name RB that is past his prime.

TB did improve the secondary, which was a weakness.  Just like we drastically improved our DLine, which was a weakness.

Laughable that he says TB is better in every aspect than us.

DLine....push now at best.

LB...not close, we are sig better

OLine...give TB a slight nod

RB...our stable is better

WR...push

DB....this is their big adv.

Steven Jackson is not past his prime dude. He's one of the best RBs the past decade and true, he's not getting any younger, there is absolutely no indication he can't get 1,000 yards and at least 5 touchdowns on a pass first team that almost made it to the Super Bowl last year. The Falcons OL is better than the Rams. The Falcons offense from top to bottom is better than Rams and it isn't even close. This wouldn't be the first time that another team took a shot at a disgruntled RB that many think is "past his prime" only to ride his ass to a Super Bowl. We've seen it here in Carolina with Stephen Davis. 

I'm not a big Tampa fan because I don't think Freeman is very good. I know he beat the Panthers twice last year. It's a QB league and I honestly don't think Freeman is a legit franchise QB. If we were to rank the top 32 QBs in the NFL...off the top of my head it would be hard for me to put him in the T20. It doesn't matter who you sign or how good your team is...if your QB is sh1t = your team is sh1t. 

#127 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

The Falcan'ts DL is fuggin' horrible.  What did they do to improve that again?

The Falcan'ts cut their mauler of a RT and replaced him with a second-year player who was a 3rd round draft pick.  How did they improve their OL again?

The Cain'ts have moved from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense with no significant change in personnel.  Who will play their 3-4 DE positions again?  Who is going to be their 3-4 OLB?

The Suc's did nothing to improve their non-existent LB corps.  How did they improve their LB again?

Every fuggin' team in the NFC South has flaws.  You seem to agree that having a "good secondary" is the be-all and end-all of the game of football.  Me?  I tend to think it comes down to the trenches.  I don't know if there's a more impactful DL in the NFC South than the one we'll have in Carolina this year.  And with Kalils return, I think we'll be at least solid on that side of the ball if we can get just AVERAGE performance out of whoever plays RG.

I agree w/ you about the awful Falcons DL. You still have to run the ball and stop the run to win when in the Playoffs. Their defense does look a little shaky to be honest with ya. I also don't believe that Matt Ryan has the killer instinct that QBs need when it matters. That look on his face he had in the Seattle game was priceless when Wilson led them down the field for a score. 

With the bucs, I don't think Freeman is a franchise QB. 

true every team has flaws it's hard to argue against that. 

#128 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Cam is going to end up reading this and use it as motivation, come out pissed off and light teams up.

Rivera will read this and stare blankly straight ahead for the next 5 minutes motionless.

ron-rivera-is-not-impressed-o.gif

#129 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

No it isn't. Stewart is great bc he can play at a high level with nagging injuries. That is a positive.

But a 100% Stewart is hands down better than the one who can take the field battling injuries. A 100% Stewart would be the best RB we could put in the field in 2013.

Agreed, which is why G-Man has basically promoted J-Stew. I don't get the 'one-dimensional' talk from other fans. I think he's our best RB.

#130 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

That was brutal. He makes some good points but the guy obviously hates Cam Newton and everything that comes with the Cam brand.

#131 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Steven Jackson is not past his prime dude. He's one of the best RBs the past decade and true, he's not getting any younger, there is absolutely no indication he can't get 1,000 yards and at least 5 touchdowns on a pass first team that almost made it to the Super Bowl last year. The Falcons OL is better than the Rams. The Falcons offense from top to bottom is better than Rams and it isn't even close. This wouldn't be the first time that another team took a shot at a disgruntled RB that many think is "past his prime" only to ride his ass to a Super Bowl. We've seen it here in Carolina with Stephen Davis.

I'm not a big Tampa fan because I don't think Freeman is very good. I know he beat the Panthers twice last year. It's a QB league and I honestly don't think Freeman is a legit franchise QB. If we were to rank the top 32 QBs in the NFL...off the top of my head it would be hard for me to put him in the T20. It doesn't matter who you sign or how good your team is...if your QB is sh1t = your team is sh1t.

Jackson is NOT the player he once was. He is no longer a stud RB.

I am not saying that he is not a solid RB. But he is not a major upgrade over Turner.

Just wait until the season and you will see.

#132 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,444 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

That was brutal. He makes some good points but the guy obviously hates Cam Newton and everything that comes with the Cam brand.

he's never had anything good to say about the panthers either.

#133 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,989 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Rivera should print out this article and put them in everyone's locker

#134 Panther59

Panther59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's funny to read this type of nonsense from nfl and espn writers this time of year(and it does happen every year, Newton and the Panthers just happen to be "on the clock" this time around). Then said team usually exceeds the low expectations the media has put on them and makes fools out of crotch stains like Adam Schein. While I agree that Rivera is running out of time and that if the Panthers fail to make the playoffs this season Gettleman may show him the door, I think it's still way too damn early to gauge how good or bad ANY team is going to be at this point.

I know one damn thing, this Schein douche poses the question, "where did the Panthers get noticeably better???" Umm, how bout on the interior of their DLine (hands down the weakest position on our D for the last few years) where we picked up arguably the top DT in the draft (Star Lotulelei) who would have been a top 5 pick if not for his false health scare preventing him from working out at the combine and another big nasty DT in Kawaan Short. Those 2 guys alone are huge upgrades to what the Panthers have had since Cam and Rivera have been here. Obviously this guy fails to realize that a nasty set of DT's will free up Kuechly, Beason, Davis, Johnson, and Hardy to make plays, which in turn should improve our mediiocre secondary by getting even more consistent pressure on opposing QB's.

#135 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

he's never had anything good to say about the panthers either.

And where the hell did this come from anyway?  Does NFL.com usually have articles bashing players or teams?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com