4 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Press conference tomorrow.

DC could be in for a rough couple years. They lost several of their top scorers this year and lose arguably their best player after this season. No more cake walking through conference play.

I see this either turning out to be a brilliant move that turns Davidson into more of a national brand or a tremendous blunder. It will be interesting to see what happens.

This also changes the dynamics of the Charlotte-DC rivalry quite a bit. This will be the first time ever that DC will be in a better basketball conference than Charlotte.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,343 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

This isn't going to be pretty.

Good golly they're going to be crushed by the A10, both in level of talent and style of play.

#3 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

How is Davidson big enough to get into the A10? It's a very small school!

Now, as a CofC fan, I am fuging pissed we jumped into the CAA! The A10 is a much better, more basketball oriented conference!

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

How is Davidson big enough to get into the A10? It's a very small school!

Now, as a CofC fan, I am fuging pissed we jumped into the CAA! The A10 is a much better, more basketball oriented conference!

They'll be the smallest school in the A10 by far. They'll also have one of the smallest/worst arenas.

Only thing they really have going for them is McKillop. They've done a good job hiring coaches in the past and as long as they make a good hire after he retires, they'll probably be fine.

They may need to adjust their academic policy for athletes though if they want to compete in the A10. It is going to be hard to find superb students that are also excellent athletes. They won't be successful in the A10 without better athletes. They always have the talent to win games against big time schools because they play smart fundamental basketball, but a 16 game conference schedule against teams that are far more physical and athletic will wear them down much more than teams did in the SoCon.

#5 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

That would have been awesome if we (Charlotte) would have been in the conference the same time as Davidson it would have given us a true conference rival. 

Question what are they doing for football? Staying in the Pioneer league for football and A-10 for all other sports? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com