#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

nkAJf1W.jpg

In addition to lecture halls and weight rooms, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton saw a lot of Interstates 85 and 20 this offseason as he shuttled between Auburn and Charlotte.

At his “school pride” event Tuesday morning at Memorial Stadium, Newton said he didn't want to be a hypocrite by preaching the value of education without a college degree.

Returning to Auburn this semester, while juggling the Panthers' offseason workout program, made for a busy schedule the past few weeks.

But Newton said he wanted to be at Bank of America Stadium as much as possible for the voluntary workouts.

“Showing my face only two or three times a week for my teammates to see, but at the same time going back to school was important,” Newton said Tuesday. “I was trying to stretch my appearances out to a degree. Being here in Charlotte, then driving back to Auburn, then driving back to Charlotte on multiple weeks was very challenging.”

Newton indicated he had dropped a few pounds this offseason while working out with a personal trainer in Auburn. He also said he had to work in the classroom after returning to campus following a two-year absence.

Newton, who took his final exams last week, said his toughest class was criminology.

“Finals were finals. My critique of a final is no different than yours. It's never fun. But at the same time you have to prepare the right way, similar to a game,” Newton said.

“It was very challenging this semester to go back to school, being that I was out of school for two years. Being in a controlled setting where you just can't leave when you want to as many times as you want (or) blurt out whatever you want to blurt out. You had to go in class with a nice frame of mind, be able to take notes and turn in assignments.”

As for the Panthers' offseason program, Newton said he was pleased to see new receivers Domenik Hixon and Ted Ginn at the workouts.

“Those guys have been making an impact already in OTAs, coming with a mind frame to work,” Newton said. “And having the mentality, the outlook we have had with people showing up to OTAs, really meant a lot to this organization and also to the coaches.”

--Joseph Person

http://blogs.charlot...-charlotte.html

I don't like that he has dropped some pounds, especially with this offensive line. Unless he's talking about extra pounds he gained during the off season that he shed. 

#2 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Get him working out and training asap

#3 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

The pounds he lost were likely gained though the course of last season eating junk food etc. It wouldn't surprise me if Cam was close to 260 when the season ended he was probably trying to drop back down to the 245-250 range. Not a huge difference but a difference.

#4 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

why would he drive all that way? Why not just fly? That's a lot of time he could save.

#5 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

ITS TIME.

#6 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Lighter, faster

#7 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

why would he drive all that way? Why not just fly? That's a lot of time he could save.

So he can take his car with him...

#8 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

no reason to be concerned about his weight. Cam will be fine when the season starts. I mean come on, it's Cam Newton.

#9 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

So the jack booted thugs will keep their hands off his cock.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

i love that he went back to finish, and even more that he's studying sociology. it shows maturity and depth as a human being

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

The comment about dropping pounds seems to read like it was intentional.

Hopefully lighter = faster.

#12 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Can't wait to see him in action ;-)

/yes homo

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I was a social criminology minor. Those classes are no fuging joke. Harder than some of my 4000 level history classes both in written and discussion formats.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Can't wait to see him in action ;-)

/yes homo

Haha. Same

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

it's only 5.5 hours. you spend that much time getting to airport, checking in, getting searched, waiting to board, deal with delays, waiting to take off, flying, landing, finding luggage, leaving airport....and most of that for himgoing on while having to deal with people who want to talk to you, take your picture, watch you take a piss in the bathroom, and try to get your autograph.

i don't blame him. airports are a hassle. i hate them. they were fun for me for a while but it's easy to get burned out on them. when it's a short flight it makes a lot more sense to just drive, imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com