Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dos poptarts

Ender's Game - Trailer released

26 posts in this topic

I'm really struggling with this one.

Ive got a real block when it comes to giving Card any money. I find him to be an odious human being and not someone who I want to contribute to in any way.

It will probably be something I end up renting from iTunes as opposed to heading out to the theaters for.

Ugh me too dude Enders game is my favorite book ever and the trailer wasnt too bad but I hate card

Um, wow. I never gave half a shiz about OSC's personal views at all. But after doing a little research I see the controversy. But in a sense it's almost comical. I mean he's got such a distorted worldview that it actually makes sense he writes science fiction. Sure he's an idiot, but he can write well. I'll chalk this up to my fervent belief that art and artist shouldn't cohabitate in your mind. Lots of artists are a-holes or do fugged up stuff, but it shouldn't affect your appreciation for their art.

Hemingway, Picasso, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash; all butt holes in their own right. But most had the benefit of living in an era where information wasn't so easily and widely available, and thus people knew much more about the product than the creator.

In a nutshell, he's a prick, but it won't affect my opinion of his work or my likelihood of watching the movie in theaters (although the odds were slight to begin with).

I did think this was hilarious:

Because when government is the enemy of marriage, then the people who are actually creating successful marriages have no choice but to change governments, by whatever means is made possible or necessary. . . .

Lawl. If we're talking about letting people who create successful marriages defend it, then I hope he's aware that he's also cutting out about 2/3 of the straight population.

yep thats some science fiction right there

I'm actually currently reading the book. Not really sure what I think about it yet but from what I've read Harrison Ford is a really good choice for Graff

I actually enjoyed this book. It was assigned to us in my English class when I was in college. I actually read it quickly. I haven't read the other books in the series.

I actually enjoyed this book. It was assigned to us in my English class when I was in college. I actually read it quickly. I haven't read the other books in the series.

I didn't dig them.

I need to try them again.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/09/orson_scott_card_gay_marriage_issue_has_become_moot/

And now Mr Scott Card is worried about his box office numbers...

Ender’s Game is set more than a century in the future and has nothing to do with political issues that did not exist when the book was written in 1984.

With the recent Supreme Court ruling, the gay marriage issue becomes moot. The Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution will, sooner or later, give legal force in every state to any marriage contract recognized by any other state.

Now it will be interesting to see whether the victorious proponents of gay marriage will show tolerance toward those who disagreed with them when the issue was still in dispute.

Orson Scott Card

There was an article on yahoo today about groups urging a boycott of the movie due to his views.

beh. boycott if they want. I'm going to see the movie.

if I had to screen each person's views on a multitude of subjects before I read, watched, or listened to each one, I'd never enjoy life.

You should boycott the movie because it's going to suck not because the writer is religious.