CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,642 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Link: http://www.wralsport...h-tcu/12420234/

The University of North Carolina has received $800,000 for the University of Minnesota so that the Golden Gophers can back out of the home and home series with the Tar Heels.

The head coach of Minnesota cites his "players confidence" as the reasoning for the cancellation of the games. Coach Kill (Minnesota head coach) is quoted as saying, that he didn't think that the Golden Gophers were ready to play North Carolina this year (or the next).

Minnesota will replace their game with UNC this year with a home game against New Mexico State and will replace the home-home series against UNC with a home-home series against TCU.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,790 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

TCU is a much better program

Interesting

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

TCU is a much better program

Interesting

Doesnt want his players getting a big head after destroying UNC.  Will be a closer game against TCU.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

It's nice of Panthro (his team lost to UNC) and Squirrel (his team lost to TCU) to chime in. Please tell me more about how successful your teams were.

You know what, I'll tell it for you...

Panthro's team (NCSU) had an awful season featuring an embarrassing loss against UVA, a loss to UNC at the hands of Gio Bernard, and a bowl loss against Jordan Rodgers and Vandy; all resulting in the firing of their coach...

Squirrel's team (WVU) started of guns blazing, only to fall back to earth losing to Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU. However, the beating didn't stop there, WVU received an ass-kicking in their ball game against Nassib and Syracuse. WVU's horrendous defense might even be one the reasons that Nassib's stock rose.

Then we have UNC, a team that struggled at times but ultimately kept going and finished 8-4. If not for NCAA sanctions, UNC would have been playing in the ACC Championship game. 

Does that sound about right to you guys?

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

What the UNC haters fail to realize is that Texas is a gold mine for college football prospects.

Want to win in college FB? Establish a recruiting pipeline in California, Texas, or Florida.

So, if I'm a scrub college FB in no man's land like Minnesota, do I want to attempt to increase my brand in a state like NC which:

1. The elite players go to the neighboring SEC schools
2. the rest decide between UNC, ECU, App State

UNC gained nothing by playing Minnesota. Win/Win, and I can assure you nobody gives a crap.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Like I said though UNC football will never be confused for UNC basketball but WE are still the #1 football program in the state.

Who has more Ws this year: UNC, WV, State?

#7 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,790 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Again TCU is a better program than UNC and I applaud colleges for dropping out of conference cupcakes and playing real football colleges

Well played Minnesota

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

It's nice of Panthro (his team lost to UNC) and Squirrel (his team lost to TCU) to chime in. Please tell me more about how successful your teams were.

You know what, I'll tell it for you...

Panthro's team (NCSU) had an awful season featuring an embarrassing loss against UVA, a loss to UNC at the hands of Gio Bernard, and a bowl loss against Jordan Rodgers and Vandy; all resulting in the firing of their coach...

Squirrel's team (WVU) started of guns blazing, only to fall back to earth losing to Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU. However, the beating didn't stop there, WVU received an ass-kicking in their ball game against Nassib and Syracuse. WVU's horrendous defense might even be one the reasons that Nassib's stock rose.

Then we have UNC, a team that struggled at times but ultimately kept going and finished 8-4. If not for NCAA sanctions, UNC would have been playing in the ACC Championship game. 

Does that sound about right to you guys?

Yeah its to bad WVU cant go 9-3 every year.  I will take a bad year and still go to a bowl game.

#9 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

If Minnehaha thinks they're getting a guaranteed W against NMSU, they should remember the last time they played the Aggies, they lost.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yeah its to bad WVU cant go 9-3 every year. I will take a bad year and still go to a bowl game.

Your just lucky that they canned DeForest

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Again TCU is a better program than UNC and I applaud colleges for dropping out of conference cupcakes and playing real football colleges

Well played Minnesota

So if UNC is a cupcake team that makes NCSU a pop tart team... in pretty much every sport (did you enjoy that baseball game this year)?

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,790 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

The series was 1-1

UNC won 7-1
NC State won 7-3

Or are you talking about Liberty?

It's confusing when "fans" claim some other college's accomplishments than the one they attended

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

"The Gophers weren't ready to play against North Carolina this year or next" 

Man, what a compliment to the program. Not bad for a basketball school, eh? 

I'd love to see some evidence that suggests TCU is a better program than Carolina? Got any? Didn't think so. 

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,184 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Also, you NCSU and WVU fans.....I'm willing to make a wager that UNC has more wins than WVU and State does this year. 

Let's only bet what we can afford though. How's 12K sound? 

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

The series was 1-1

UNC won 7-1
NC State won 7-3

Or are you talking about Liberty?

It's confusing when "fans" claim some other college's accomplishments than the one they attended

I have the pride of saying that I turned down NCSU for LU, so your little tactics mean nothing to me.

On top of that I believe we played NCSU a while back and nearly beat you guys even though a quarterback (who is now a wide receiver for the Jags, had seven turnovers).

Not bad eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com