Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woodson willing to play for anyone.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

He'd be a FS on this team. Would you start him over Godfrey at this point? If not he'd most likely have to play on STs as a backup...and we know that ain't happning at his age

Posted

fug it if we can afford him go for it.

Posted

I'd take him maybe 2 yr deal only 1 guaranteed if we could get him

Posted

Give the man cookies

A good Deal

And a hell of a defense to play with.

Posted

he could be our Darren Sharper.....for a year at least.  That was a huge move for NO....and basically same things are being said.

Woodson could play SS as well. 

Posted

Would take him if we could get him on the cheap.  A good pass rush and vet safety would take alot of pressure off our subpar corners. 

Posted

No thanks. We are talking about s guy who won the heisman in 98'.

Posted

No thanks. We are talking about s guy who won the heisman in 98'.

We are talking about renting him...

We are talking about a guy who has been an All Pro every year recently until injury kept from a full season

Posted

In my opinion this signing makes a ton of sense.

I think he could still play corner with our front four pressure, however his value would be in his leadership and ability to teach our young guys in the secondary.

Over-paying for veterans doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but most playoff and championship teams are built around a core nucleus of young players and a couple of role filling vets.  Woodson would be a huge asset to this team if we could afford him.

Posted

Sign him! He will mentor the youngsters.

Posted

Along with contributing at either safety or CB I think he would bring both swagger and someone the younger guys could learn something from.I would like to see him a Panther for a year

Posted

We are talking about renting him...

We are talking about a guy who has been an All Pro every year recently until injury kept from a full season

Nope. I think his good days are gone. Cant cover anymore. I wouldnt even trust him covering TEs from the FS spot. Losing two tenths on your 40 kills any db. But yes, three years ago he was a monster