Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Woodson: I will play for any team

56 posts in this topic

Posted

He would start wherever our weakest spot is in the secondary. Backup? lol

Our biggest unknown is at SS. Woodson isn't a SS. In order to get him on the field you'd have to move Godfrey. I don't see the staff moving him. Woodson may be done. We've got no way of knowing. And there sure hasn't been teams knocking down doors to get him.

Posted

Yes please.  Small a contract as possible, 1-2 year max.  Please sign the man.

Posted

As much as I'd love him, which is a lot...

Godfrey is going to be playing FS for us this year, which is where he should be playing.

Woodson isn't the SS type.

So he really doesn't fit a need for us.

I wouldn't be upset to see him as a Panther, but i don't see it happening.

Posted

Our biggest unknown is at SS. Woodson isn't a SS. In order to get him on the field you'd have to move Godfrey. I don't see the staff moving him. Woodson may be done. We've got no way of knowing. And there sure hasn't been teams knocking down doors to get him.

I'm pretty sure Rivera has already mentioned that Godfry is moving to FS.

Edit, nevermind, I misunderstood that..

1 person likes this

Posted

The veteran leadership in the secondary would seem priceless to our young guys we have. If he even played nickel he would bring leadership and experice.

Posted

Bring his ass here

Posted

He is a much better FS than Godfrey. Move Godftey to SS for the year. Godfrey is only here for 2013 anyway most likely

Posted

He is a much better FS than Godfrey. Move Godftey to SS for the year. Godfrey is only here for 2013 anyway most likely

That would be the only way it'd work. I still think Woodsons career may be over though. Lots of guys want to continue to play, but teams pass them over and basically force retirement on them.

As far as Godfrey goes. Rivera always has good things to say about him. (Which means very little)

Posted

Get Woodson for cheap how could anyone be against this? Add a little bit of veteran leadership to the young, inexperienced secondary we have now

1 person likes this

Posted

I would be all for signing him, but maybe he's asking for more than we can afford under the cap or reasonably want to pay? 

Posted

Call me crazy but I want him, his instincts and play making ability are still there his leadership alone in the secondary would help.

Posted

Bring him in, safety has been a concern for a few seasons now.  But we all know a strong front 7 can mask a weak defensive backfield.