Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Woodson: I will play for any team

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Bring him in, safety has been a concern for a few seasons now.  But we all know a strong front 7 can mask a weak defensive backfield.

it can aid a weak secondary....but we had the best pass rush in the NFL last year....and bad secondary talent cost us pretty badly often.

Posted · Report post

it can aid a weak secondary....but we had the best pass rush in the NFL last year....and bad secondary talent cost us pretty badly often.

I case and point the 2007 SB champ giants who had a less than stellar secondary but a very good defensive front.  I don't entirely disagree with your statement though.  Naka can ruin anything.

Posted · Report post

Doubt he can play anymore.

Would have to take no guaranteed money, and come in and compete in training camp to see if he can still run and stay healthy.

Posted · Report post

I'd take him for a million just to teach our incredibly young secondary, if he is able to do that.

Don't know much about his mental state, but if he wants to/can be a teacher, a one year contract

wouldn't hurt this team.

Posted · Report post

Doubt he can play anymore.

Would have to take no guaranteed money, and come in and compete in training camp to see if he can still run and stay healthy.

He was a Pro Bowl/All Pro as recent as 2011....and that was part of a several year streak.

He was hurt last year...and in 7 games almost had the same production Godfrey accumlated over a full season.  He can play better than anyone we have listed as a S.  He was going to account for 10M in cap space....which is why he was released.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Woodson can still play. Give him the FS spot and rotate in Campbell and Godfrey. It'll give us some much needed depth.

Rodgers was angry when Green Bay released him for a reason. Charles is a core guy [a leader].

Posted · Report post

For the right price sure. Gettleman isn't going to overpay though, so I won't hold my breath on this.

Posted · Report post

He was a Pro Bowl/All Pro as recent as 2011....and that was part of a several year streak.

He was hurt last year...and in 7 games almost had the same production Godfrey accumlated over a full season.  He can play better than anyone we have listed as a S.  He was going to account for 10M in cap space....which is why he was released.

I'm not saying don't bring him in, just want to make sure he still has it.

That D was pretty crazy up front too, but hopefully ours will be as well, and he could just gamble quite a bit,

Posted · Report post

im really hoping this happens, i feel like he will be a beast in the nfc soutth for us and if he is a leader like proclaimed this will be a fun team to watch with luke, beason, thomas davis, charles johnson,hardy,and woodson all leading the charge, as long as we don't get the charles woodson who was abused by Fitzgerald.

Posted · Report post

Bring his ass here

And the rest of him too.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Wait until june, when he will be cheaper.

Posted · Report post

Woodson can still play. Give him the FS spot and rotate in Campbell and Godfrey. It'll give us some much needed depth.

Rodgers was angry when Green Bay released him for a reason. Charles is a core guy [a leader].

This.

He'd be an asset if for nothing else but his experience and leadership skills back there.