Charles Woodson: I will play for any team

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Our biggest unknown is at SS. Woodson isn't a SS. In order to get him on the field you'd have to move Godfrey. I don't see the staff moving him. Woodson may be done. We've got no way of knowing. And there sure hasn't been teams knocking down doors to get him.

He is a much better FS than Godfrey. Move Godftey to SS for the year. Godfrey is only here for 2013 anyway most likely

#32 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

He is a much better FS than Godfrey. Move Godftey to SS for the year. Godfrey is only here for 2013 anyway most likely

That would be the only way it'd work. I still think Woodsons career may be over though. Lots of guys want to continue to play, but teams pass them over and basically force retirement on them.

As far as Godfrey goes. Rivera always has good things to say about him. (Which means very little)

#33 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Get Woodson for cheap how could anyone be against this? Add a little bit of veteran leadership to the young, inexperienced secondary we have now

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,266 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I would be all for signing him, but maybe he's asking for more than we can afford under the cap or reasonably want to pay? 

#35 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Call me crazy but I want him, his instincts and play making ability are still there his leadership alone in the secondary would help.

#36 FuaMeOnce

FuaMeOnce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Bring him in, safety has been a concern for a few seasons now.  But we all know a strong front 7 can mask a weak defensive backfield.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Bring him in, safety has been a concern for a few seasons now.  But we all know a strong front 7 can mask a weak defensive backfield.

it can aid a weak secondary....but we had the best pass rush in the NFL last year....and bad secondary talent cost us pretty badly often.

#38 FuaMeOnce

FuaMeOnce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

it can aid a weak secondary....but we had the best pass rush in the NFL last year....and bad secondary talent cost us pretty badly often.

I case and point the 2007 SB champ giants who had a less than stellar secondary but a very good defensive front.  I don't entirely disagree with your statement though.  Naka can ruin anything.

#39 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Doubt he can play anymore.

Would have to take no guaranteed money, and come in and compete in training camp to see if he can still run and stay healthy.

#40 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'd take him for a million just to teach our incredibly young secondary, if he is able to do that.

Don't know much about his mental state, but if he wants to/can be a teacher, a one year contract

wouldn't hurt this team.

#41 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Doubt he can play anymore.

Would have to take no guaranteed money, and come in and compete in training camp to see if he can still run and stay healthy.

He was a Pro Bowl/All Pro as recent as 2011....and that was part of a several year streak.

He was hurt last year...and in 7 games almost had the same production Godfrey accumlated over a full season.  He can play better than anyone we have listed as a S.  He was going to account for 10M in cap space....which is why he was released.

#42 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Woodson can still play. Give him the FS spot and rotate in Campbell and Godfrey. It'll give us some much needed depth.

Rodgers was angry when Green Bay released him for a reason. Charles is a core guy [a leader].

#43 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

For the right price sure. Gettleman isn't going to overpay though, so I won't hold my breath on this.

#44 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

He was a Pro Bowl/All Pro as recent as 2011....and that was part of a several year streak.

He was hurt last year...and in 7 games almost had the same production Godfrey accumlated over a full season.  He can play better than anyone we have listed as a S.  He was going to account for 10M in cap space....which is why he was released.

I'm not saying don't bring him in, just want to make sure he still has it.

That D was pretty crazy up front too, but hopefully ours will be as well, and he could just gamble quite a bit,

#45 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

im really hoping this happens, i feel like he will be a beast in the nfc soutth for us and if he is a leader like proclaimed this will be a fun team to watch with luke, beason, thomas davis, charles johnson,hardy,and woodson all leading the charge, as long as we don't get the charles woodson who was abused by Fitzgerald.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com