Photo
- - - - -

Another very knowledgable article from NFL.com

Best Answer PiratePanther189, 11 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

My absolute favorite part is the lack of a mention of Greg Olsen anywhere. 69 catches, 850 yards.

Whoz Cam guna throw 2 u guiz???11?!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

They're just kicking our asses this last week or so, hope we can shut them all up

It's like cam and the team fuged there moms or something

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

with a winning record they'll be all over our dicks

#13 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

That's it, NFL.com is dead to me. Team site and ESPN fantasy football is all I need anyway. Oh yeah and the huddle. :)

#14 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:09 PM   Best Answer

My absolute favorite part is the lack of a mention of Greg Olsen anywhere. 69 catches, 850 yards.

Whoz Cam guna throw 2 u guiz???11?!

#15 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

We do need to draft a reciever. But we had a bigger mess at DT, so NFL.com can suck a dick.

#16 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

This doesn't bother me, to outsiders it's not going to seem that the WR group has a lot of talent, and frankly it's on the receivers to prove them wrong. Gettleman and Rivera have made a calculated gamble that we can go places with the group as structured, so we'll see who's right. I do wonder why Olsen never gets grouped in with the receivers; I mean, Brady does well with nothing but tight ends and one good (now gone) receiver.

#17 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

If only we wasted another late round pick on a WR like we have every draft. That has worked out swimmingly.

Edwards
Gettis
Adams
Pilares
Lafell- has turned out pretty good
Jarrett

It is early to pass judgement on Adams and Pilares but it appears right now that is 5 wasted picks in the last several drafts.

Should we draft a WR or CB just to say we drafted one or do we want ballplayers who can actually contribute.

That is why sportswriters shouldnt be GMs
#veiledHurneyshot

#18 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• LocationColorado
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

nfl.com not praising us? oh noes...

#19 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationThe Moon
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

And if we drafted a WR the question would be why didn't we draft a DT.  Sorry, dipshits who keep writing these articles, we only had 5 picks, and no 3rd round pick. What the fug were we supposed to do?  Get some scrub receiver in the 4th, 5th, or 6th round?  If there was a Julio Jones somewhere down that far in the draft I sure as hell wasn't aware of it.  I don't think they realize we don't need another LaFell... we need another Smitty, and that man is irreplaceable.

BPA bitches, BPA.

#20 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

I didn't agree with the Cam hit piece that Adam Schein wrote even though pieces of the article not related to Cam were ingrained with truth.  But this article really wasn't overtly negative.  He pointed out the fact the Carolina made huge upgrades to the D-line while still pretty much ignoring the WR position as they always have.

He also pointed out the fact that Carolina in his words has a "paper thin" secondary.  I don't think anyone would confuse Carolina's secondary with being good.  The pass rush and front 7 is what really shined in the defense and made a secondary that really isn't that talented, look serviceable.  It's odd how Carolina ranked dead last in completion % allowed yet still stayed in the middle of the pack in reference to passing yards allowed.  I attribute it to a stout linebacking core that can stay with receivers downfield and bring them down quick and a d line that could get to the QB and finish.

You might not like the article, but it's tough to argue his points.  Plus he does show some optimism about the Panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users