Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two 2014 Recievers not named Lee or Watkins

138 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm really intrigued by Montcrief. My favorite team is Mississippi State, and I saw Donte torch us in the Egg Bowl last year. If he keeps up his good play, I'd love to see him in a Panthers uniform. He can be that guy that would stretch the field for us.

yes he did. he had his way that game, and MSU could not stop him at all.

Posted

I like the kid from A&M.

Posted

Rather have my future LT to protect my franchise QB. Which you should to.

Posted

Matthews did not benefit from Rodgers whatsoever. J. Rodgers doesn't possess the same arm that his older brother carries around (which is why he went undrafted). At best, J. Rodgers will be a good back up or an overachiever in a West Coast offense.

Matthews

Evans

Coleman

1 person likes this

Posted

comparisons are the stupidest thing ever

Posted

Like Moncreif and Matthews the best out of this bunch on this thread....

Posted

I'm not big on Watkins or Lee, TBH. I wouldn't mind one of them if they fell to us and the value was real good, but in terms of using a high pick - or trading up - that's a bad idea, IMO. I like Matthews, but not enough to justify a 1st round pick on him. Maybe if it's a late 1st, but it's so early right now it's impossible to say where we'll be picking.

Posted

Moncrief is going to surprise some people and be one of the top two WRs off the board.

Posted

Matthews is good, but he also benefited from having a player like Rodgers throwing him the ball.

so imagine him with an NFL caliber QB

Posted

Watkins having a great first half in the Clemson Spring Game without Boyd throwing him the ball.

Posted

Matthews did not benefit from Rodgers whatsoever. J. Rodgers doesn't possess the same arm that his older brother carries around (which is why he went undrafted). At best, J. Rodgers will be a good back up or an overachiever in a West Coast offense.

Matthews

Evans

Coleman

i like Coleman as well, big guy with decent speed. he seems to be stiff tho, and i want to see him run more routes. i will be watching him this year even more.

Posted

i like Coleman as well, big guy with decent speed. he seems to be stiff tho, and i want to see him run more routes. i will be watching him this year even more.

Agreed, Coleman isn't an athletic specimen but he has the potential to be a top notch possession receiver. This season should give us an ideal look at what he lacks and what thrives at.