Photo
- - - - -

Two 2014 Recievers not named Lee or Watkins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#136 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

his grade from the board was projected as high as a 1st rounder,which is where he went.dont remember many stating CP was a second round talent after the combine because again his size, athleticism, and skill set, are elite worthy if he reaches his ceiling. same with Benjamin, im not saying he is a sure first rounder, but he could and probably will get a 1st-2nd round grade from the board.

Considering the fact that he dropped so far, I don't think so. No one was looking to take Patterson in the first round. His shaky hands, subpar route-running, lack of physicality, low football IQ, etc outweighed his athletic gifts.

#137 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Considering the fact that he dropped so far, I don't think so. No one was looking to take Patterson in the first round. His shaky hands, subpar route-running, lack of physicality, low football IQ, etc outweighed his athletic gifts.

that makes no sense. no one was looking to take CP in the first, but yet he went in the first round. with all of his per say weaknesses, his athletic ability really outweighed those flaws. especially when you see he has only played 1 year of top notch FBS football, so all of your weaknesses are coachable. hands can be coached up and practiced on as well, and looking at his frame he can get physical with anybody at LOS with better coaching, and technique. every WR coming into the league has to work on route running, and football IQ can also be taught.

#138 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Since its looking more and more likely that we will be picking later in the draft. I'm seriously afraid that if we don't go WR in the first round, we won't get a chance to draft one of the many WR's that could be legimate 1's in the NFL.

We don't need another LaFell type reciever on this team. Even if we don't re sign LaFell we need a WR that has number 1 potential. Knowing Gettleman's love for "hog mollies" I can see us being disappointed after the draft