137 replies to this topic

#76 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Brandon Coleman has disappeared in the games I have seen this year. he started out hot, but has been mia as of lately. some could be because of QB play, but still.

It's mostly QB play, just like Lee when he's been out there. My biggest concern with Coleman is does he have the vertical speed to stretch a defense.

#77 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

Evans reminds me of Alshon Jefferies.  Big with good hands but not a lot of speed, seemingly.  If Even runs a sub 4.5 though I'd be all over him. 

There seems to be a lot of good WR's in the draft.

#78 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

I know he hasn't done much this year, but Brandon Coleman is a guy who I hope we give a look. Reminds me so much of Demaryius Thomas...

Definitely. I got a lot of love for Coleman.

Brandon Coleman has disappeared in the games I have seen this year. he started out hot, but has been mia as of lately. some could be because of QB play, but still.

I think he's going to be a "fine" NFL receiver though. Some guys just are.

#79 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Evans reminds me of Alshon Jefferies.  Big with good hands but not a lot of speed, seemingly.  If Even runs a sub 4.5 though I'd be all over him. 

There seems to be a lot of good WR's in the draft.

I hate to say it, but Mike Evans almost look like a Calvin Johnson.

#80 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

No....just no. He doesn't possess the vertical threat at the next level that Tron does. If you were to say the way he attacks the catch point is similar, or the way he understands how to use his frame is similar than sure, but Tron is a special receiver because he's huge AND insanely fast among other things...

#81 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Calvin John is 6'5", 239 and runs a 4.3.

That is insane.

#82 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

No....just no. He doesn't possess the vertical threat at the next level that Tron does. If you were to say the way he attacks the catch point is similar, or the way he understands how to use his frame is similar than sure, but Tron is a special receiver because he's huge AND insanely fast among other things...

Calvin John is 6'5", 239 and runs a 4.3.

That is insane.

I never said he "was" or "going" to be Calvin Johnson. I know he's not. I'm saying he looks like a Calvin Johnson in college. I'm not the only person who have thought of that too. Go google it up.

#83 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

He doesn't look like a Calvin Johnson though because he's nowhere near as explosive as Calvin Johnson. They're completely different players. He looks like a Vincent Jackson. That's not taking away anything from Evans, because he's a special player. But to say he looks like Tron is just incorrect....

#84 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Allen Robinson Penn St is another name to know.

#85 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Qise got loose on the first offensive play for USC!

#86 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Qise got loose on the first offensive play for USC!

yeah he did,QB play is hurting USC more then anything. that was a terrible decision. but Lee got 2 catches for almost 100 yards on a 85% knee.

#87 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,117 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

yeah he did,QB play is hurting USC more then anything. that was a terrible decision. but Lee got 2 catches for almost 100 yards on a 85% knee.

Yea the TD was mostly the safety biting badly on the play action, but Lee's did show off some great acceleration out of his break. The 23 yarder was the more impressive play to me. He made the catch, turned the corner to make a guy miss, maintained his center of gravity to stay in bounds, and accelerated quickly up the sideline for some quality YAC. He could have had another long TD too. He had a step on the DB but Kessler wasn't able to get enough air under the ball giving the DB time to recover and deflect the pass. All in all good game for a not 100% Lee. He helped his team get the win, and was able to show scouts his ability hasn't gone anywhere.

I'm obviously a bit biased, but if we're picking in the late teens with all the Tackles and Evans & Watkins gone we would be crazy not to take Lee imo. He's going to be a deadly play maker at the next level, and will only get better with better QB play....

#88 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,468 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Watkins is showing why he's probably the best WR in this class. As well as Evans have played, I still feel that both Watkins and Lee are much better prospects. Marqise Lee is still amazing, but isnt having a great season due to injuries and bad QB play. He's still a beast imo, and had a good game vs. Oregon St.

#89 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I know this thread is not about Watkins, but his route running is some of the best that I have seen in a while and hardly gets mentioned. He understands the stems and how to break DBs down getting in out of his breaks with speed and confidence. He changes speed really well, and doesn't show the route before he breaks.

Watkins route running, especially his double-moves, is fantastic. What worries me slightly is his release from press ocverage. He hasn't seen much in college and may take some time to adjust. 

#90 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Lee is fast but he has a tendency to body-catch and isn't great against press. Most of his big games come against top-caliber Ds. He was also helped by Robert Woods and Matt Barkley. He is a burner with some upside but I don't see him as being on a par with Watkins or Evans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.