Photo
- - - - -

Panthers Prospect Brandon Williams

Best Answer Promethean Forerunner, 11 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

dude yea i just watched that youtube clip. fuging crazy. he's got amazing leaping abillity, catches extremely well in traffic and has breakaway speed.

He got the front office's attention with what? A three reception career at Oregon and D-II footage? Williams is a talented TE. He's definitely a prospect I've been following since we signed him. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

He has good size, speed, and ball skills ......Rivera said  " Williams is a strong blocker at the point of attack" combine that with is receiving ability he has good chance of making it to 53 men roster giving us a perfect compliment for Olsen...

With his measurables, speed, ball skills, athleticism, and blocking abilities. Should be lock for the other TE spot. 

#47 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,745 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

It's the perfect scenario for G-Man. If Brandon stands out enough, he won't have to bring in another free agent. Let's not get carried away though. It's been two years since Williams has graced a football field. 

#48 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Agree with you on that one.

It's always fun to play GM, but personally; I'd stick Brockel as the back-up fullback unless Zordich or Breitenstein really, really, impress and then roll with Olsen, Williams Hartsock.

My best case scenario would be...

FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel (back-up)

TE: Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Ben Hartsock (blocking)

Practice Squad

TE: Nelson Rosario

FB: Zordich/Breteinstein

Just my two cents...

Yeah.. In my opinion why are they on the roster if they are average at what they do best? 

And a quick question for you.. (I know it won't happen but) Why waste a roster space with having both Brockel and Hartsock on the team? I'd have to keep Brockel since he's more versatile (can play FB and TE) 

I agree with putting Rosario on the PS again and if he doesn't put up he needs to pack up 

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,302 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yeah.. In my opinion why are they on the roster if they are average at what they do best? 

And a quick question for you.. (I know it won't happen but) Why waste a roster space with having both Brockel and Hartsock on the team? I'd have to keep Brockel since he's more versatile (can play FB and TE) 

I agree with putting Rosario on the PS again and if he doesn't put up he needs to pack up 

I actually had that typed out but then I thought the same thing as you, it probably won't happen. Like you said, it wastes a roster spot having two of the same player on the team.

#50 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,325 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

With his measurables, speed, ball skills, athleticism, and blocking abilities. Should be lock for the other TE spot. 

You are forgetting what the number one measurable is; Actually playing. Listen, i want this guy to succeed and be that other TE position because of all the things you just mentioned. But there has been many, many players before B Williams who have those measurables but don't produce on the field. We just don't know at this point. So for you to say he should be a lock is putting the cart before the horse.  I'm rooting for the guy but don't get ahead of yourself.

#51 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

I actually had that typed out but then I thought the same thing as you, it probably won't happen. Like you said, it wastes a roster spot having two of the same player on the team.

Exactly! That could be a roster spot for Melvin White or Robert Lester (if they live up to their potential in PS)

#52 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Look at the arms on this MFer!!

1fEuBF.St.138.jpeg

#53 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,745 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

He looks intimidating as hell. Only three percent of body fat on that frame. This guy is in fantastic shape. Other than Cam and J-Stew, nobody on the offensive side of the ball comes close.

939-3BADd.AuSt.138.jpeg

#54 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

You are forgetting what the number one measurable is; Actually playing. Listen, i want this guy to succeed and be that other TE position because of all the things you just mentioned. But there has been many, many players before B Williams who have those measurables but don't produce on the field. We just don't know at this point. So for you to say he should be a lock is putting the cart before the horse.  I'm rooting for the guy but don't get ahead of yourself.

The dude played football and dominated. Granted it was against lower competition and its been a few years but he has been working out and is in beast mode physically.I dont think he forgot how to catch, run, and block. 

I am a firm believer in measurables, skills, and producing on the field. If a guy has all those, than its just a matter of getting PT, good coaching, and being put in a spot to succeed. 

Either way, I want this guy on the fuggin roster

#55 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Squabbling over unheralded longshots with an injury history...?

"I hope he makes the squad," is really all that's necessary at this point.

As for all the other TEs, WRs, FBs, and safeties: "May the best man win."

It'll all come out in the wash, gentlemen. 

#56 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Williams is complete player and you kill 2 birds with one stone.......he is a excellent blocker and he has better ball skills than Brokel and Hartsock............That is if his talent can be translated on the field.......even though he has been out for 2 years i think he makes it on the team...

#57 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Ginn went to the Super Bowl on a team as Returner and could have probably stayed. He came to Carolina to compete as a wide receiver not as a returner. While he may serve in that role because we have yet to find a steady return man. He plans or being a WR. Remember he had pretty decent WR numbers at Miami. He wants to play WR. Carolina is giving him that opportunity.

The only thing Gettis has is "Veteran Status" which in Rivera's world isn't much. Gettis will compete but I believe he will prevail just because he knows the system better and has something to prove.

#58 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Oh yeah... and there is this...

9478190-large.jpg

That 250 lbs is mostly muscle.

i read in one article that he had 3.5% body fat. 

#59 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Agree with you on that one.

It's always fun to play GM, but personally; I'd stick Brockel as the back-up fullback unless Zordich or Breitenstein really, really, impress and then roll with Olsen, Williams Hartsock.

My best case scenario would be...

FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel (back-up)

TE: Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Ben Hartsock (blocking)

Practice Squad

TE: Nelson Rosario

FB: Zordich/Breteinstein

Just my two cents...

I'd have no problem switching out brockel for breteinstein (great blocker, very good runner, very good receiver...modern day hoover)

i think williams would make hartsock irrelevant for the most part. 

#60 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

This guy is a tremendous athlete. But nothing more at this point. He might make the team just bc we're thin at the TE position. He's def got some upside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com