Photo
- - - - -

Shula says Newton ready to take big step forward

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 rainwater

rainwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Newton wasn't at the team's rookie minicamp this weekend

How dare he.  Talk about lazy.

#26 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Cam gets criticism because. . .  he's young and reporters need to sound like they know what theyre talking about. I know many of our fans would like to say its because x y or z (race, attitude, history at such and such place). The bottom line is that its getting very fuggin hard to capture audiences to buy your poo. There are so many options now. In five years you wont be watching the tonight show at 10 o clock. . . . you'll be watching some lil old 70 year old lady, wise cracking about the world while she cooks.

K well not quite, but there is some rationality to that. So, if you have a whole wave that poo going on and you're a dude in the news business (oh what a business it is), you figure "eh whats gonna sell  . well everyone else is talking about that Newton kid. Bam easy target. . he's young, he's showing emotion, and the public wants to know about him."

I find that the reason why T3bow is hard to criticize in front of most women is that he doesnt show a lot of negative emotions like frustration or anger. He doesnt appear to have any negative behavioral tendencies in their eyes so they wonder why a guy would look at him and say anything bad. In Cam's case he's young and doesnt mind showing both sides of his competitiveness. There's nothing wrong with that, but because he's young, an enterprising "reporter"  can easily connect the dots for his/her "even bigger idiots than you" fans. Its an easy sell.

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Cam gets criticism because. . . he's young and reporters need to sound like they know what theyre talking about. I know many of our fans would like to say its because x y or z (race, attitude, history at such and such place). The bottom line is that its getting very fuggin hard to capture audiences to buy your poo. There are so many options now. In five years you wont be watching the tonight show at 10 o clock. . . . you'll be watching some lil old 70 year old lady, wise cracking about the world while she cooks.

K well not quite, but there is some rationality to that. So, if you have a whole wave that poo going on and you're a dude in the news business (oh what a business it is), you figure "eh whats gonna sell . well everyone else is talking about that Newton kid. Bam easy target. . he's young, he's showing emotion, and the public wants to know about him."

I find that the reason why T3bow is hard to criticize in front of most women is that he doesnt show a lot of negative emotions like frustration or anger. He doesnt appear to have any negative behavioral tendencies in their eyes so they wonder why a guy would look at him and say anything bad. In Cam's case he's young and doesnt mind showing both sides of his competitiveness. There's nothing wrong with that, but because he's young, an enterprising "reporter" can easily connect the dots for his/her "even bigger idiots than you" fans. Its an easy sell.

What the hell did I just read.

#28 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

What the hell did I just read.

that its easy for reporters to sell the idea of Cam being immature.

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

*fingers crossed*

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

that its easy for reporters to sell the idea of Cam being immature.

Honestly this is something Cam will likely have to endure throughout his career. It will motivate him.

Oh, and there will be no more bypassing of the Timmy filter!

#31 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Honestly this is something Cam will likely have to endure throughout his career. It will motivate him.

Oh, and there will be no more bypassing of the Timmy filter!

Oh yeah sorry for the Golden Moose of Brisket reference or whatevrs. . .ehhhhh  you just did it too!

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

I am telling you that Cam has turned a major corner in his development as a QB and leader on this team.

You saw it late last season.  His decision making seemed quicker.....he was more decisive.....his TD to Int ratio was phenomenal....his demeanor was more even keel (even though the fire within him has not changed).

It usually takes a couple of seasons for a QB to hit his stride....and I believe Cam is definitely there.

I 100% expect him to show the league what we already know....that he is not only an incredible athlete, but is a great leader of this team.

#33 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Yup. By the end of the year, Cam was the leader of this team. It was Cam that gave the last speech of the year.

The light went on for Cam. You could see him having fun again. He even seemed more relaxed at Pressers. He knew. They knew he knew. Now we get to watch as he shows everyone else. He gots this.