Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomas Keiser cut

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Weird. It was either Gettleman or Rivera who tipped this off earlier. They were mentioning our d-line rotation and mentioned Mario Addison but left Keiser out. Not sure if it was a press conference or interview on wfnz but I think it was Gettleman who was talking about the rotation and mentioned everyone but Keiser including Addison and even Fua.

Posted · Report post

I think Gettleman is looking to get bigger and stronger on the Dline....maybe looking for a different type of DE.

We have CJ, Hardy, and Alexander as the core rotation. 

I thought Keiser was a solid role guy as well....interesting to see where we go from here.

But, there is one thing for sure.....Gettleman knows DLine.  So, I trust him.

this.

we should expect to see more favorites cut in the near future...guys we think have a lot of potential or who have done some good things in the past.

it could be be he just doesn't fit the mold of the big DE they want on the line. it could be that he wasn't recovering from his injury as they hoped. it could be they really liked one of the guys they saw this past weekend.

it could be any number of reasons, but gettleman knows what he likes for the team and apparently he didn't like what he was seeing in keiser. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Money saying move.

He literally had one of the lowest cap hits on the team.

So I doubt that's the reason. Had to go back and look but he was put on I.R. last year on week 12 with torn ligaments in his elbow. Not sure if the injury is what did him in, but as of now it looks like the main reason.

Posted · Report post

I wonder if they like Wes Horton, the DE from USC?

Posted · Report post

Well now 98 is available maybe Short will jump on it and get rid of number 68

Posted · Report post

Say what you want, but some things that G-man does makes me shake my head. Seriously.

Posted · Report post

Damn, will miss his high effort play. He'll find a spot somewhere, but people who imagined him being more than a good role player are severely overestimating his flashes. The fact that Dator says he was more productive than Hardy in 2011 is ridiculous.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not sure how seeing a bunch of guys in shorts who haven't a clue about the defensive system for a weekend would prompt the cutting of a guy who has played solidly when he's been on the field.  My bet would be that his post-injury progress isn't promising.

Posted · Report post

I would suspect he was released out of respect.

DG will likely go to a bigger/stronger/Jpp/JustinTuck style of defensive end.

Keiser was a 3-4 guy and is much better suited for that.

Maybe Chud will pick him up.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Damn, will miss his high effort play. He'll find a spot somewhere, but people who imagined him being more than a good role player are severely overestimating his flashes. The fact that Dator says he was more productive than Hardy in 2011 is ridiculous.

Yeah he's overreacting about this, he's a good role player but nothing more.

Posted · Report post

WTF!!! He was a good player i was waiting to see what he could do this year damnnn

Posted · Report post

Kaiser is a high motor guy that gets the most out of his natural abilities.

But let's be honest...he is a JAG. Nothing more than a limited role player.
1 person likes this