Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomas Keiser cut

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Ugh, not happy.  This guy may not have been an elite athlete/potential starter, but he had an amazing motor and decent skills.  A cheap backup whose effort would put him over the top once the other team is tired, not really sure why they made this move.

Posted

Still, with guys like Fua and Armanti on the team, it doesn't make sense to cut Keiser... Not now, at least.

it shouldn't matter, at least not at this point. you've got to look at it at a position by position basis.

when pairing it down to the 53, then you start weighing position vs. position.

right now, tho, it's all about making sure you have what you're looking for at certain positions heading into TC for what you want to do. a guy like keiser, as porductive as he might have been at one time or as much potential as he might have on his own...if he doesn't fit the mold and if he can't do what is asked of the other DEs, then he's just wasting a spot.

there's not really any point in keeping him around since you're just going to have to find roles for him. i mean if the guy had stud potential....maybe i could see that, but i just don't see it there.

1 person likes this

Posted

If this is the boards reaction for Thomas Keiser it's going to be really hard to deal with what's coming...

6 people like this

Posted

Huddle meet Full Retard.

Keizer was a solid back up at best who averaged three tackles and a sack a season. As I remember it, scouts were saying Thomas was made to play in a 3-4 system anyway. Who cares? We're better off, he's better off. Gettleman made a management decision that Hurney would've struggled to make.

Posted

cut the 2010 picks minus Hardy and Lafell and I'm over it.

Posted

If this is the boards reaction for Thomas Keiser it's going to be really hard to deal with what's coming...

You are so hopelessly vague. Stop this bullshit or provide some details.

Posted

Deangelo Williams?

Posted

You are so hopelessly vague. Stop this bullshit or provide some details.

DWill, and Beason if I had to guess.

Posted

D-Will is very likely.

Beason? Not this season.

Posted

I understand the move, if anybody was watching Addison last year you will see he played really well. I was surprised by how good he was. Probably thought he had a higher ceiling than Keiser. And when your deep at a position anyway it makes moves like this expendable.

Posted

meh. i'm surprised, but i get it. no big deal, we have depth at the position and a new archetype for it anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jeez people are overrating Keiser, he was barely even active last year