Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Ronde Barber: Steve Smith toughest receiver to cover

90 posts in this topic

That was thoughtful of him to say and he's always been a very stand up guy.

I despise Tampa Bay but I have always respected Ronde. Classy, stand up guy. It's kinda sad to see him walk away.

It's cool when an all-time great like Rhonde is asked a question like that with all the receivers he has ever covered(Harrison,Moss,Owens,Andre Johnson,Megatron,Carter,Wayne,Welker, etc) the first name he comes to without second glance refers to his old Carolina nemesis Steve Smith.

he just didn't want to admit it was jonathan stewart

2 people like this

It's cool when an all-time great like Rhonde is asked a question like that with all the receivers he has ever covered(Harrison,Moss,Owens,Andre Johnson,Megatron,Carter,Wayne,Welker, etc) the first name he comes to without second glance refers to his old Carolina nemesis Steve Smith.

In fairness....he was exposed to Smith signifantly more than those guys.

Class move by a great football player.

Tough job back in the day covering SS.

Great classy remarks by Barber. I have a feeling that he won't be the only corner that will say this.

How witty with your snide remarks.

One of the best CBs in NFL history is retiring and gives respect to Smitty as he does and you all act glib. Sad really.

I was saying what I said because of how good I believe Smitty is in regards to national media and my knowledge as a fan.  Saying captain obvious is sarcastic, but don't act like you don't ever grace us with witty sarcasm and snide remarks.