Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teh Huddle is 10 years old....

105 posts in this topic

Posted

How funny is it that the whole forum acts 10, got help us when we hit puberty.

Be quiet and go drink your Zima.

Posted

Damn, I have no idea how long I have been posting here, but it seems like forever.

Congrats Zod on figuring out how to make money off of our dumbasses.

Posted

I just checked the undercarriage of the server. There was a pube.

Jase has competition.

If your servers is 10 years old, it's probably a 10U box with a single cpu and 512MB RAM.. I can upgrade you for $20.

/technonerd

Posted

If your servers is 10 years old, it's probably a 10U box with a single cpu and 512MB RAM.. I can upgrade you for $20.

/technonerd

We upgraded to a 486 in 2007

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sad that when a question like this is asked, most of the replies are concerned with website cred/invisible rep/pie/neg rep...etc etc. Leads one to believe that many advocate posting not opinions, but rather dribble/gif's and one-liners that they "think" will get them pie and rep.

LAME

The site seems fine. Rather than some sort of change to the site, is it possible to arrange some type of givaway/raffle? This is a community now...so how about we represent ourselves to the local civic community in the form of charity.

For example...lets say Zod can use his connections with the team to get some awesome item. For example...a jersey/helmet signed by ALL team members.  Then members of the forum can each "donate say...$10.00 to enter the raffle...with the proceeds going to some charity (burned children for example) and will be a donation made not in the name of the team, but of this site itself..with the winner of the awesome prize chosen at random from those who donated.

This seems SO much better than meaningless pie/rep crap...yet benefits the site and all its users by getting us out there as something more than just a bunch of people talking smack and hanging out in the parking lot.

Use the 10th birthday as a stepping stone to something higher~~~

1 person likes this

Posted

Huddle already supports Toys for Tots each year.

Posted

486's are so 90's

Posted

Damn really? I think i first got on here in 04?

Posted

We are ditching toys for tots this year in favor of a new more worthy charity

human-fund2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sad that when a question like this is asked, most of the replies are concerned with website cred/invisible rep/pie/neg rep...etc etc. Leads one to believe that many advocate posting not opinions, but rather dribble/gif's and one-liners that they "think" will get them pie and rep.

LAME

The site seems fine. Rather than some sort of change to the site, is it possible to arrange some type of givaway/raffle? This is a community now...so how about we represent ourselves to the local civic community in the form of charity.

For example...lets say Zod can use his connections with the team to get some awesome item. For example...a jersey/helmet signed by ALL team members.  Then members of the forum can each "donate say...$10.00 to enter the raffle...with the proceeds going to some charity (burned children for example) and will be a donation made not in the name of the team, but of this site itself..with the winner of the awesome prize chosen at random from those who donated.

This seems SO much better than meaningless pie/rep crap...yet benefits the site and all its users by getting us out there as something more than just a bunch of people talking smack and hanging out in the parking lot.

Use the 10th birthday as a stepping stone to something higher~~~

$10 an entry seems stiff.

how about $1 for each. the more you pay the more odds you get.

i'd be down.

Posted

when is neg rep coming back?

2 people like this

Posted

Pie is evil, we're all DOOMED!!!!!!!

1 person likes this