Photo
- - - - -

Jon Beason Interview on 5/10. Worth a Listen! (Summary Included)

Carolina Panthers NFL

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#25 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

That's how a leader does it right there.

Woh, that last comment about Luke is pretty huge even though he's a teammate. "No one close in terms of potential", thats high praise from a Pro Bowler considering how good he already is.

#26 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte NC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the link and summary Maine. Definitely going to take a listen because of the last few items

#27 O-Ther

O-Ther

Well done > well said

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMCO
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Real pretty words by Beason. Now act on it Beason. Actions speak louder than words. Make it happen..

Like the way you think. Refer to my sig to see why.

#28 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Definitely one of the better player interviews I have heard in a long time. Beason is hungry and if he can return and play at a high level this season will make this defense very formidable.

you have more pie in one post than I have total

#29 O-Ther

O-Ther

Well done > well said

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMCO
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think we could have Urlacher/Briggs thing going on with Keuchly/Beason..

As long as we can restructure or reduce Beason's contract soon, I agree. But I'm more optimistic about our 2 new DTs becoming our version of Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland.

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Beason is a class act AND and great player... if he can return to 100% then we will have the best LB corp in the NFL. 

Love the "pity the fool" part, I feel bad for the first person who takes a shot from Beason. 

#31 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

As long as we can restructure or reduce Beason's contract soon, I agree. But I'm more optimistic about our 2 new DTs becoming our version of Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland.

I agree that Beast makes our Core better. My thinking is, if he stays healthy and has a good to great year. We will extend him. Which could lower that massive cap hit quite a bit.

Because if we can't do something with his contract, we may not be able to keep him past this year.

With Keek and TD, we can get by with a less dominant player. It has to be cost effective or Gettlemen may decide to make a change.

#32 Red Zone

Red Zone

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
  • LocationBryson City, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Beason is one of my favorite Panthers in the organizations history. Humility is rare in professional athletes. He is a "Class Act". Thanks for the summary

#33 O-Ther

O-Ther

Well done > well said

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMCO
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

I agree that Beast makes our Core better. My thinking is, if he stays healthy and has a good to great year. We will extend him. Which could lower that massive cap hit quite a bit.

Because if we can't do something with his contract, we may not be able to keep him past this year.

With Keek and TD, we can get by with a less dominant player. It has to be cost effective or Gettlemen may decide to make a change.

This will test his resolve to make his career about championships, instead of more individual accolades. Seems to me players have a bit of an ego about the size of their, ahem, contracts in the locker room. Let's see if he buys into what he's selling to the media.

#34 PantherKyle

PantherKyle

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the summary.

Man, I love Beason.

#35 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

This will test his resolve to make his career about championships, instead of more individual accolades. Seems to me players have a bit of an ego about the size of their, ahem, contracts in the locker room. Let's see if he buys into what he's selling to the media.

Just to add to the thought above, the one thing Jon didn't discuss was his contract. And unfortunately, that is the one big thing that could get in the way of him continuing his career here.

I flat out would not pay Beason according to the terms of his existing contract. He's a great guy and a huge locker room presence but this is a business and the team has to do what's in it's best interests.

So I am going to hold back some of my Beason accolades until I hear he is willing to show some flexibility with his contract.

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

As much as we all want to think the best of players. It really does come down to money for a lot of them. Is Beast one of those types? We will have to wait to find out. Cuz if it is all about money, and not championships like he says, he may not be around much longer.

We all know his contract is an albatross and if we know it, he knows it. Is he willing to help? That is the question.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users