Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Panthers contacted Charles Woodson's agent...HOWEVER

166 posts in this topic

Posted

I loved when we had Vinny T. I remember he really got through to dwill

Steve Smith said he learned a lot from Vinny T. 

“No. 2 would be a guy who’s probably surprising,” Smith said. “When Jake got hurt, we brought in Vinny Testaverde, and Vinny taught me some things to this day that I have at home on my nightstand. He taught me how to run some routes (from) all the guys he played with, Keyshawn (Johnson), Wayne Chrebet, he played with some guys I grew up admiring.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd take Woodson over Nakamura

Posted

Just as a note if there is one fuging thing I cannot stand it's revisionist history, David G. while having a bright future ahead and may by the end of his tenure here as GM end up being better then Hurney, lets remember that Hurney is still the most successful GM we have had, and while outside of the first rounds draft picks he was OK in FA's and great with Cap numbers, he exited the team by giving us two great gifts in Cam and Keek. so for the sake of my personal sanity can you retards quit acting like the G man is so much better then hurney when outside of a layup of a Draft pick that 9/10 people here couldnt have messed up he's done nothing(because he's really not had the chance to yet).

This is like changing religions and saying "oh this new God makes the sun rise and set some so much better then the other one ever could have!!!"   yeah, you guys posting that crap look that stupid to me, you have a brain and for the sake of my personal sanity pretend you have one and use it...

1 person likes this

Posted

Hurney was still garbage and ruined his own legacy

Posted

what kind of fuging legacy is 3 winning seasons out of 11? F**k Hurney! He was a lousy GM who had no idea how to do his job and was kept wayyy longer than he should have been.

Posted

Adding Charles Woodson would make the Panthers a better team.

Period.

4 people like this

Posted

Woodson might be 37, but he'll stabilize our secondary. Teams will think twice airing it out in Charles' direction.

Posted

Hopefully we sign Charles.

Posted

Would ya'll be happy and call it a successful off season if we sign Woodson? Even if only in a diminished role?

Posted

Would ya'll be happy and call it a successful off season if we sign Woodson? Even if only in a diminished role?

I'd say it has already been a successful off-season. We got under the cap, brought in some guys to challenge for starting roles, improved our depth, have lots of competition going into camp across the roster, and filled a major need in the draft with a a couple studs and took three other guys who could prove to be very good long term investments for this team.

That said, bringing in Woodson would really get me feeling a lot better about our secondary but I still want an OG or OT.

Posted

I have to echo Zod's comment here; there's no guarantee Woodson would even start for us. He's a big name, sure, but a liability in coverage at this point in his career (hence the move from corner to safety) and while he would bring a great veteran presence to the secondary and defense as a whole, I'm not sure on a down-for-down basis he's any sort of significant upgrade over a D.J. Campbell or Mike Mitchell.

Posted

Meh, would rather continue the development of Godfrey (@ FS) and DJ Campbell.