Photo
- - - - -

The Greatest Asset to Our Secondary is...

Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Super Bowl

#17 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Did anyone listen to the drive on wfnz yesterday? Smitty was pretty pissy when he was asked if any of the db's ever come to him for advice (apparently they don't). Just odd to me. I would be picking his brain for anything on tips. He'll even Luke asked Smitty for help last year

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Did anyone listen to the drive on wfnz yesterday? Smitty was pretty pissy when he was asked if any of the db's ever come to him for advice (apparently they don't). Just odd to me. I would be picking his brain for anything on tips. He'll even Luke asked Smitty for help last year

Young ego, perhaps.

Luke is the smartest guy on the squad. You damn right he asked for advice on both sides of the ball.

#19 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Wilks would be smart to bring Smitty to the next DB meeting and have him help demonstrate. Less ego bruising behind a closed door than out on the open practice field where everyone can see....

#20 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Young ego, perhaps.

Luke is the smartest guy on the squad. You damn right he asked for advice on both sides of the ball.

I remember luke went to gross last year for pass rush advice because he never did it much in college

#21 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I remember luke went to gross last year for pass rush advice because he never did it much in college

I freakin' love this kid. He still has room to grow in pass coverage and blitzing, and he doesn't shy away from it. He's going around asking for advice.

#22 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

I really like Wilks and he deserves all the credit for how vastly improved our secondary is. I could see him getting a DC job by next season whether its here or somewhere else.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

Make no mistake,the greatest asset to our secondary is Charles Godfrey. I don't think Wilks is going to be picking off many balls or wrapping up many running backs.

Agree, I know it's popular to hate Godfrey but he played much better at FS. 

#24 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Make no mistake,the greatest asset to our secondary is Charles Godfrey. I don't think Wilks is going to be picking off many balls or wrapping up many running backs.

Unless of course on about 25% of the plays in which he forgets his assignment.

I actually think Godfrey is the main reason Naka started every game in which he was healthy last year. Knowing Godfrey could be just about anywhere regardless of play called made the top priority for the other one that he could be trusted to stay deep when he was suppose to. 

And please spare me the Naka hate replies, I am not argueing he should start. Just trying to figure out why Rivera, a great defense coach, had him starting week after week. 

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

I just hope we play closer to the line of scrimmage and don't concede the short pass.

#26 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think its very interesting that he brought up the backpedal, that was always the first thing I wanted to see when looking at pass defenders. Gamble had amazingly fluid feet, but watch TD sometime. Smooth as butter for a LB, he's got crazy balance and speed.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Captain is a better nickel CB than Godfrey is a S (FS or SS).

We actually are very strong at nickel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com