Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemen continues to get criticism for not bringing in a WR

649 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How could the Falcons be bad enough to be one play away from being swept by a 7-9 team and still make the NFC championship. One word GED

Clearly you didn't follow any of their games last season. It's been explained to you..........

Posted · Report post

Think he's talking about their game vs the 9ers.

Yeah but he said a superbowl trip against the 49ers. Two NFC teams can't play each other.

His point still remains though.

I think this whole debate with AceBoogie is murdering my brain cells.

Posted · Report post

Clearly you didn't follow any of their games last season. It's been explained to you..........

You say a lot if their games came down to the wire but yet they WON them. A lot of our games came down to the wire as well and we LOST them. You do understand between the difference between winning and losing right?

Good teams find a way to win games and Bad teams find a way to lose them. The Falcons were a good team last year and we were a bad one simple as that. Doesn't matter that we SHOULD have swept them because even if we did they would have still won the division.

Posted · Report post

Yeah but he said a superbowl trip against the 49ers. Two NFC teams can't play each other.

Yeah it'll do that.

But I believe what he meant was that blowing 2nd hal leads cost them the 9ers game. Therefore costing them a SB trip.

Posted · Report post

His point still remains though.

the game against the 49ers cost the falcons a super bowl trip is how i meant for it to be read.  it's ambiguously worded.

edit:

But I believe what he meant was that blowing 2nd hal leads cost them the 9ers game. Therefore costing them a SB trip..

yeah that's what i was getting at
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You say a lot if their games came down to the wire but yet they WON them. A lot of our games came down to the wire as well and we LOST them. You do understand between the difference between winning and losing right?

Good teams find a way to win games and Bad teams find a way to lose them. The Falcons were a good team last year and we were a bad one simple as that. Doesn't matter that we SHOULD have swept them because even if we did they would have still won the division.

The difference between teams like the Falcons closing out a close game and us is execution and game time coaching decisions. There were several games for us last year where we single handidly lost because of these factors.

Posted · Report post

The Difference between the Falcons closing out a close game and us is execution and game time coaching decisions. There were several games for us last year where we single handidly lost because of these factors.

Then let me ask you this do you believe Rivera is here long term?

Posted · Report post

forcing an offense in to a situation where they have to play error-free football in order to have a chance at winning is 1. unrealistic and 2. unsustainable.  that's the falcons' problem and ultimately what bit them in the ass in the playoffs.  they blew big second half leads in two straight games and it cost them a trip to the super bowl against the 49ers.

fielding a defense that can give our quarterback as many possessions as possible and can mitigate mistakes by limiting points off turnovers is useful and it's something that wins games in this league.

Hence why I said Star and Kawann make us a better team, instead of Hopkins.  This guy doesn't get it.

Posted · Report post

Then let me ask you this do you believe Rivera is here long term?

If I'm being completely honest I have doubts. Some of his decisions were baffling.

All I can do is hope he improves this year. It will make me sick to see another wasted season.

Posted · Report post

tumblr_lzijt8llxH1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hence why I said Star and Kawann make us a better team, instead of Hopkins. This guy doesn't get it.

Doesn't matter how many possessions you have if you don't have players that can make the most of them.

Posted · Report post

tumblr_lzijt8llxH1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

Not fair to use Sheldon against me lol
1 person likes this