Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemen continues to get criticism for not bringing in a WR

649 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If I'm being completely honest I have doubts. Some of his decisions were baffling.

All I can do is hope he improves this year. It will make me sick to see another wasted season.

What do you think happens if he is fired during the season or after. Do you think Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn, or Gettis comes back? I don't.

That's my point I disagree with the double dip but do I think it makes our team better? Absolutely. I have never once said our WR corps weren't good enough for the upcoming season. My concern is beyond and the possibility of having to bring in multiple new WRs at one time.

If this season isn't a major success things could get ugly in a hurry.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What do you think happens if he is fired during the season or after. Do you think Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn, or Gettis comes back? I don't.

That's my point I disagree with the double dip but do I think it makes our team better? Absolutely. I have never once said our WR corps weren't good enough for the upcoming season. My concern is beyond and the possibility of having to bring in multiple new WRs at one time.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if our recievers suck as bad as you say, wouldn't it be easy to replace them and find better WR?

Posted · Report post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if our recievers suck as bad as you say, wouldn't it be easy to replace them and find better WR?

I never said they sucked I said their either old or their rentals. Our WR corps as it sits now is good enough to get the job done this year but what about beyond that. What happens if Smitty retires and Lafell, Hixon, and Ginn don't sign back?

Posted · Report post

If that happens there are going to be many many more concerns than just the receiver position..

I don't even think about that. I want the team to be successful, not go through another regime change.

Posted · Report post

uh we sign other recievers. I think we sign Lafell again though.

Posted · Report post

If that happens there are going to be many many more concerns than just the receiver position..

I don't even think about that. I want the team to be successful, not go through another regime change.

That's something you have to think about if your Gettleman unless you plan to keep Rivera regardless of this seasons outcome

Posted · Report post

uh we sign other recievers. I think we sign Lafell again though.

At what point do we stop going to block buster to get our wrs?

Posted · Report post

That's something you have to think about if your Gettleman unless you plan to keep Rivera regardless of this seasons outcome

Well I do not doubt he has considered the possibility, but he cannot stop doing his job.

His sole purpose at this time though is to provide his current head coach with all the tools to win effectively.

He still isn't done acquiring players either, there will be plenty of cuts in the coming months.

Posted · Report post

He should be criticized.  Too much faith being put into one of the scrub WR's we have breaking out.  Also, putting too much faith in a 34 year old Steve Smith staying healthy for an entire season.

Posted · Report post

Its like I am taking crazy pills!!  What the hell else would you have rather Gettlemen done!  There wasn't appropriate value in the draft, and the FAs available either weren't an upgrade or wanted too much money! 

IS HE SUPPOSED TO CRAP OUT ANOTHER STEVE SMITH?????

What is wrong with you people!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/993529/Chargers-could-clear-1.5M-by-cutting-Royal

Could be another cheap option if he's cut. Maybe a trade for a late round pick (6th).

The Chargers could save $1.5 million against the salary cap by releasing Eddie Royal.

Royal and Robert Meachem were signed to multi-year contracts last spring, and both were colossal busts in 2012. Royal seemed to always be battling a hamstring injury, and he finished the season with just 23 grabs for 234 yards and one touchdown in ten games played. The Chargers now have depth at the position, and the team could use some money to go get a free agent left tackle like Max Starks.

Posted · Report post

forcing an offense in to a situation where they have to play error-free football in order to have a chance at winning is 1. unrealistic and 2. unsustainable. that's the falcons' problem and ultimately what bit them in the ass in the playoffs. they blew big second half leads in two straight games and it cost them a trip to the super bowl when they ran up against the 49ers in the NFC championship game.

fielding a defense that can give our quarterback as many possessions as possible and can mitigate mistakes by limiting points off turnovers is useful and it's something that wins games in this league.

Drafting Star....doesn't give us that type D. Most likely. Most likely he will take a year or so....and we saw last season that even with GREAT QB pressure....a pooty secondary is still a pooty secondary.

Cam needs weapons. That IMO is the easiest way to win. Who are our TD scorers....we don't have them. That isn't really Smith at this stage. Nor is Olsen going to go all Gronk on the league. We need more
1 person likes this