• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

#301 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

I am just not sure what other move we should make this year.

I like Gett's approach of working off bad contract...bringing in cheaper vets as stop gaps...and building the right way. Which is from the lines out.

We can make a run at the playoffs this year. But, we were not correcting everything in one off season.

we could have drafted a WR who would have really helped out our corps now and in the future in the second round.

we didn't because we were solely focused on short.

did we make the right decision...i hope so, but the group of WRs available in this draft was good, very good. we could have gotten better there, but we didn't.

we could have moved up into the 3rd round to pick up one of the remaining WRs...but we didn't.

we could have used our 4th rounder to pick up a WR who would have helped the corps and picked up a RG in FA....but we didn't.

there are things we could have done to improve the WR corps...but we chose not to. they had their plan, and they stuck to it. i just hope it works but their lack of effort only pushed the need further up. i do like the draft and the guys we picked up...even kugbila, but i am disappointed about that.

seeing as how rivera was rewarded with another season even tho he's failed to produce a winning season to years in a row and only offered excuses and platitudes (rome wasn't built in a day...gtfo) and we hired an OC i don't like...i suppose i should be used to things not working out the way i wish they had. i'm stuck hoping that the decisions they made were the right ones. i like gettleman and i think he'll build the team well, but i wish he had done more in adding another WR or TE this year.

forgive me if i am lacking faith in this organization. we've had only 4 winning seasons ever. there's not much evidence to warrant much faith in these guys.

respect that or not. i don't really care.

#302 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,570 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

fwiw, Eddie Royal might be released by the Chargers so look out for him.

#303 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

we could have drafted a WR who would have really helped out our corps now and in the future in the second round.

we didn't because we were solely focused on short.

did we make the right decision...i hope so, but the group of WRs available in this draft was good, very good. we could have gotten better there, but we didn't.

we could have moved up into the 3rd round to pick up one of the remaining WRs...but we didn't.

we could have used our 4th rounder to pick up a WR who would have helped the corps and picked up a RG in FA....but we didn't.

there are things we could have done to improve the WR corps...but we chose not to. they had their plan, and they stuck to it. i just hope it works but their lack of effort only pushed the need further up. i do like the draft and the guys we picked up...even kugbila, but i am disappointed about that.

seeing as how rivera was rewarded with another season even tho he's failed to produce a winning season to years in a row and only offered excuses and platitudes (rome wasn't built in a day...gtfo) and we hired an OC i don't like...i suppose i should be used to things not working out the way i wish they had. i'm stuck hoping that the decisions they made were the right ones. i like gettleman and i think he'll build the team well, but i wish he had done more in adding another WR or TE this year.

forgive me if i am lacking faith in this organization. we've had only 4 winning seasons ever. there's not much evidence to warrant much faith in these guys.

respect that or not. i don't really care.

You certainly are not the only fan lacking faith in this organization Rayzor. I share a lot of your thoughts. However we can choose to be cautiously optimistic and keeping a real perspective or we can wallow in misery.

I did want a WR in this draft, but honestly with how many guys we have that will be getting touches this year can you really say that tossing another rookie wideout into the mix would solve all our problems there this season?

#304 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

fwiw, Eddie Royal might be released by the Chargers so look out for him.

The Keenan Allen pick is making him expendable for us, as well as needing some cap space for a potential Max Starks signing and Fluker's deal.

#305 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't understand what more Gettlemen could have done! 

We brought in Tedd Ginn Jr and Dominique Hixon to compete

We have Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell returning

Ghettis may be healthy enough to compete

Armanti Edwards, Lamont Bryant, Joe Adams, and Kealoha Pilares will all be battling it out in the preseason.

If you ask me, this position feels deeper than it has in the last 5 years!!!  We have drafted five wideouts over the last three seasons!   Time to see these young guns put up or get shipped off!

#306 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Trade Beason for Kenny Britt! Win/Win for ALL sides

#307 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Eddie Royal could be a nice addition. Could be and upgrade at #3-4 spot.

#308 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes please on Eddie Royal.

#309 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Trade Beason for Kenny Britt! Win/Win for ALL sides

That's nuts! Britt is nothing but trouble.

#310 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Lmao @ the thought of any team trading for Beason's contract.

#311 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

That's nuts! Britt is nothing but trouble.

Look at it this way, they have a problem and so do we.

They drafted Hunter to replace Britt, due to injuries and troubles. Essentially, they are prepared to lose Britt. The need a competent MLB and we may have one that we don't need and is WAAAAYYYYY over payed.

In this trade:

Tennessee gets a potential top-5 MLB. Will definitely get better at the position! They lose Britt, but they have already built themselves to lose Britt. 

We get a potential deep threat no.1 WR..........if he heals! Plus we get loads of FUTURE cap space! OLBs are easier to pick up on the FA market than MLBs. Worst case scenerio, Britt gets injured third game of the year then we release him or sign him up for another year. He is in his contract year and only cost us about 2.5 mil against our cap.

Think about it, we has more potential for us? Top 15 WR in a contract year or a MLB playing OLB?

#312 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Lmao @ the thought of any team trading for Beason's contract.

It's to the Titans! Plus, we would have to have him ink a new more trade friendly deal! What do you think he wants to do........second fiddle OLB or his natural MLB?

#313 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

It's to the Titans! Plus, we would have to have him ink a new more trade friendly deal! What do you think he wants to do........second fiddle OLB or his natural MLB?

DO NOT want Kenny Britt. We may as well talk with Titus Young if we're that desperate.

#314 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

DO NOT want Kenny Britt. We may as well talk with Titus Young if we're that desperate.

LOL, Kenny Britt pisses more talent than Titus Young has!

The key is getting something for Beason!

#315 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

LOL, Kenny Britt pisses more talent than Titus Young has!

The key is getting something for Beason!

Point is,you're trading an as of late injury prone LB for an injury prone WR. Who also can't seem to stay out of trouble with the law.

IF we were to trade (or anyone fo that matter) for Britt, it'd likely be for a late rd pick. 5th at the most. He's gone regardless. Titans have little leverage in the situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.